Infant/toddler seat "You guys/gals with kids"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Infant/toddler seat "You guys/gals with kids" within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Doing some research on infant/toddler seats. I figured I would ask your opinion. Right now I'm looking at the recaro ...

Infant/toddler seat "You guys/gals with kids"

Doing some research on infant/toddler seats. I figured I would ask your opinion. Right now I'm looking at the
    recaro performance
    Dunno Radovan ext
    Grace nautilus

I need something that fits my 2013 sti hatch.

Your help is most appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had Britax Boulevard. Good rating too.Bit bulky and heavy but you could see the small details tha counts a lot. It was the only one with side impact rating when I bought it.
    My kid never complained......bit expensive though...

I don't think you'll have any problem with fitment. I have one facing backwards in my 04 and I'm pretty sure my back seats are tighter and smaller than yours.
    ~2004 Subaru Wrx - Stage 2
    ~2013 Honda Civic

-I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.
    -Nobody remembers the guy who finished second but the guy who finished second.
    -Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

In the hatch the safety latches are position really far back.

I don't mind spending a little extra cash for safety.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I've had three Britax seats and liked all three of them, most other seats I have dealt with felt flimsy in comparison.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Speaking of car seats, I have some information for you guys in regards to car seats and insurance. God forbid that you are ever involved in a crash epscially when your child is in the car, but car seats are a lot like motor cycle helmets. After a severe enough wreck, they are no good. Provided you carry the correct coverage on your policy, you can get a new car seat paid for through your insurance. Hope this helps some of you.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Speaking of car seats, I have some information for you guys in regards to car seats and insurance. God forbid that you are ever involved in a crash epscially when your child is in the car, but car seats are a lot like motor cycle helmets. After a severe enough wreck, they are no good. Provided you carry the correct coverage on your policy, you can get a new car seat paid for through your insurance. Hope this helps some of you.
    This is great information.

As for the other suggestion I will do more research and go check them out in person.

MTM
    and like motorcycle helmets they expire. Im about to have to buy two new ones for my newest addition when she gets here in a few months.

For our infant seat we used Peg Perego, in an 08 WRX sedan. We were told they have one of the best side impact ratings, but you'll have to do your own research on that. We never crashed so I cannot tell you how effective they are

We chose the Safety 1st with the "airbag" head protectors for the toddler seat. Check the reviews if you like this one as some get top IIHS ratings and others are poor. Our child's side visibility was hampered a little, but that was of little concern to him. I never had it in the WRX but I am sure it would be fine. This one I tested a little - I had to swerve a couple of times and the head cushions made it a non-event for my child. He sometimes slumps forward in it when he sleeps which might not be a good thing, but that might be the same for all seats.

The best advice I can tell you is to go to the IIHS site and check out the safety ratings. If you can wait until your child is ready for a toddler seat before buying then take him or her to the store to try them out for fit.

Quote Originally Posted by MTM View Post
    and like motorcycle helmets they expire.
    My infant seat has expired but my wife is insisting for using it for our second in a few weeks. She believes this is a marketing tool and doesn't think the materials would break down in 5 years for no reason. Would you say she is wrong or that she might have a point?

I had the Graco Nautilus seat in my wifes outback. Both of my girls were strapped in when my wife plowed into an 85 year old man who was confused as to how intersections worked. My oldest was in the Nautilus, my youngest in a rear-facing seat (i don't recall which brand). I was very pleased with how well it held up. the impact was at about 25-30 mph, no airbags deployed. No bumps or bruises, they were fine. We had the insurance Co. replace both seats, and we currently have a pair of nautilus seats in her car. They are pretty bulky.. But they are solid, well built seats. I don't know how they fit in a WRX though.. I have a pair of the cheap Cosco seats in my WRX because my kids aren't in my car that often, and to reduce weight when they are (because racecar)
    I'm pretty sure the nautilus would fit with no issue though, and I'd defiantly recommend it.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    My infant seat has expired but my wife is insisting for using it for our second in a few weeks. She believes this is a marketing tool and doesn't think the materials would break down in 5 years for no reason. Would you say she is wrong or that she might have a point?
    Probably a little of both, but are you willing to risk that with your child?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Probably a little of both, but are you willing to risk that with your child?
    I agree the life of your child is priceless. I would spend a couple bux to buy a new seat.

I Support ClubWRX
    Expiring car seats, eh? I've got teens now, and I'm not sure we ever heard that one.
    So hard to tell these days, what's real, what's contrived, and what's "Irrational Mommies" where kid safety stuff is concerned.

When we (and our friends) were all having our first kids, it was kinda nutty with the safety. We were a lot more relaxed with our 2nd.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

MTM
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    it probably is. but I wont take the chance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast