Infant/toddler seat "You guys/gals with kids" - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Infant/toddler seat "You guys/gals with kids" within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Mrs.Mac Thanks for the input, guys. I think, to be safe, I'm going to have the experts ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Mac View Post
    Thanks for the input, guys. I think, to be safe, I'm going to have the experts do it. I don't mind the inconvenience in exchange for peace of mind. I'd love to keep him in his infant car seat but he's too tall already (99%tile). It's so much easier to just plop that thing in and out of the car and into the stroller if necessary rather than buckling/unbuckling him from a seat everytime. But, such is life, babies grow.
    You seem to have a good attitude

Too many people don't realise that it's only when something bad happens that you need your infant seat to be a good one, the right size and fitted properly. If that happens then I want to know that I have given my kids the best possible safety environment. The 5 star IIHS ratings were a major influence in us buying two new Subarus this year as well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Jeez, you guys and your infants. We did it, too...went through the thing where the world hangs in the balance, depending upon how your car seat fits. My wife wanted to get the fire dept to sign off on our first kid's seat...I convinced her that since her husband has an engineering degree, we could probably skip that step.
    By the second kid, we made sure it was in there "plenty tight", and didn't worry about the rest.

[/tongue in cheek ribbing]
    Yeah, I want my kids to be safe, too, at least, within reason. My wife has gone a little nutso with it over the years, sometimes, and I've been the "check and balance". My 15-year-old is likely to be driving around in a Subaru, this time next year.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Jeez, you guys and your infants. We did it, too...went through the thing where the world hangs in the balance, depending upon how your car seat fits. My wife wanted to get the fire dept to sign off on our first kid's seat...I convinced her that since her husband has an engineering degree, we could probably skip that step.
    By the second kid, we made sure it was in there "plenty tight", and didn't worry about the rest.
    We have gained a lot more knowledge about child safety since you were doing this, and there is also a more independant equipment testing now. Like I said, it's only when you have an accident that you'll know how effective your brand and fitting was. And as for the plenty tight by the second kid remark... what kind of response are you trying to provoke with that??? LOL
    Last edited by Raven Logics; 07-30-2014 at 04:11 PM.

I was thinking getting EvenFlo symphony this weekend. Does anyone have experience with this particular brand?

FWIW, I have the Recaro Performance Ride seat and my kid loves it. Had to get the wife the same kid for her Forester.

Side note: Anyone know any good seat protectors (back of front seats). Can't seem to find ones that fit the WRX seats.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    We have gained a lot more knowledge about child safety since you were doing this, and there is also a more independant equipment testing now. Like I said, it's only when you have an accident that you'll know how effective your brand and fitting was. And as for the plenty tight by the second kid remark... what kind of response are you trying to provoke with that??? LOL
    LOL, I guess you guys forget than an admin can go back and read what you originally wrote before editing..
    I dunno, if you chose to ignore my [/tongue in cheek ribbing] indicator, and be sensitive, then my bad. But speaking more seriously, my world is full of housewives that cry hysterically about their child's safety, buckle them up to he moon, preach at others....and the scream off down the road at 20 over the limit, tailgating everyone in site. It's silly.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    LOL, I guess you guys forget than an admin can go back and read what you originally wrote before editing..
    I was trying to be funny, but when I read it back I thought it looked rude instead. I wasn't happy with leaving it that way regardless of whether you could check edits or not.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jcfili View Post
    I was thinking getting EvenFlo symphony this weekend. Does anyone have experience with this particular brand?

EvenFlo and Graco seats are cheaply made, and it shows. I've used them both, and the extra price of the Britax seats I have is well worth it with the ease of use alone.. the superior safety is a plus, and so is the quality of the fit and finish.

Quote Originally Posted by WrxNate View Post
    FWIW, I have the Recaro Performance Ride seat and my kid loves it. Had to get the wife the same kid for her Forester.

Side note: Anyone know any good seat protectors (back of front seats). Can't seem to find ones that fit the WRX seats.
    I have the Recaro Pro Ride, and just purchased the Recaro Performance as well, really great seats. I just purchased a set of kick mats to use in my Tiguan, I plan to test the fitment on the WRX once I purchase the car within the next month
    Amazon.com : Kick Mats - Deluxe Car Seat Back Protectors 2 Pack - Keep Your Car Seats 100% Clean From All The Stains And Scuffmarks Left By The Kids With These Auto-Protective Seat Covers - Designed For Most Vehicles - Protect Your Investment - Lifet

mrd
    I've used two Recaros for older kid 3-12 and younger 3-10. They loved it. Seats are great quality and they last. Money worth. Both seats used to fit in my 2005 Impreza Outback.
    I recommend them to everybody. btw my older just started to learn to drive.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mrd View Post
    btw my older just started to learn to drive.
    Mine just turned 15; she's driven every car we own in some small way, well, except for my buggy project. So far, she seems to me to be an "intuitive" driver, meaning she understands what's going on behind the wheel without a lot of guidance. I'm glad.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.