Infant/toddler seat "You guys/gals with kids" - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Infant/toddler seat "You guys/gals with kids" within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by atranz I agree the life of your child is priceless. I would spend a couple bux to ...

Quote Originally Posted by atranz View Post
    I agree the life of your child is priceless. I would spend a couple bux to buy a new seat.
    That's assuming the existing one might have a problem because it's been in a cool, dry basement for 3.5 years. I could also buy a new one with a design fault that hasn't been recognised yet. I fully understand what you are saying (I have been bugging my wife about this), but realistically I bet the one we have is still safer than some of the cheaper options we could have for new. But I will talk to her again!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Talk to Lokey, he has a pretty sweet recaro baby seat
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

If you want to fit three carseats in the back of a WRX, the only one you can use is the Radian, which is a pretty nice seat and not too bulky.

Graco is off the list. They're having a massive recall. Something about the buckle not releasing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

no one mentioned it but i've been using the maxi-cosi pria 70 for toddler and maxi-cosi mico for infant. they fit well in the hatch (pria 70 is tall though) and maxi-cosi has excellent customer service. had a slight problem with a base for the infant seat, and they sent a brand new one no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by atranz View Post
    Graco is off the list. They're having a massive recall. Something about the buckle not releasing.

I just saw that..
    Graco, a division of Atlanta-based Newell Rubbermaid, told The Associated Press that its tests found that food or beverages can make the harness buckles in the children's seats sticky and harder to use over time.
    I think any buckle clogged up with cheeze-its, apple juice, gummy bears, and boogers will be difficult to release!

Quote Originally Posted by shams42 View Post
    If you want to fit three carseats in the back of a WRX, the only one you can use is the Radian, which is a pretty nice seat and not too bulky.
    Pics?

So we decided on the recaro performance. Here it is in my wife's dc tundra. We're ordering a red one for my car. So far my son loves it. Its esay to adjust and install. It fits well in the sti also.

So, jumping into this thread rather than making a new one. I just purchased the Recaro Performance ride (convertible one). I have installed it into my '13 STI hatch but I can't get it to be level with the ground so that my son can ride comfortably/safely without his head leaning forward. I used a towel and everything and still cannot get it to sit at a 45' angle. Anyone else with this problem? If so, what did you do? Buy a bigger towel? Here it is with the towel. It is only slightly better than when I had it without. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140728_190134.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	158825Help!!!

Your best option is to call Recaro to see if the seat is already in the right position. Do you have an online link to the manual? This might seem too obvious - is your son the right age and weight for the seat?

Yes, I have both the paper manual and the link to the online manual.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...2z1eEGJccOdtEQ

They say that the line on the base needs to be parallel to the ground and that if it isn't, to use a tightly rolled towel or pool noodle. My son is within the height and weight requirements for the seat. He's 6 months (the only thing the age requires is that the seat be installed rear facing) , less than 22.5in tall while seated and 20lbs.

I Support ClubWRX
    Use a foam pool noodle. You can cut it down to fit what you need. I got stuck going to a "Car seat technician" class for work and this is what was recommended we use to solve this very issue.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX
    Donkey brings up an excellent point. If you ever have concerns with car seat fitting, most local fire depts will do free car seat inspections and make sure they are installed properly.

I'll be shopping for an infant car seat soon. Rambo Jr coming in January.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Use a foam pool noodle. You can cut it down to fit what you need. I got stuck going to a "Car seat technician" class for work and this is what was recommended we use to solve this very issue.
    Foam noodle, thicker towel etc. would work. If he's flopping around too much and you have a dedicated infant seat I would strongly suggest using that until you son grows out of it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

I'll be shopping for an infant car seat soon. Rambo Jr coming in January.
    Congrats!
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Thanks for the input, guys. I think, to be safe, I'm going to have the experts do it. I don't mind the inconvenience in exchange for peace of mind. I'd love to keep him in his infant car seat but he's too tall already (99%tile). It's so much easier to just plop that thing in and out of the car and into the stroller if necessary rather than buckling/unbuckling him from a seat everytime. But, such is life, babies grow.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast