08-14 WRX USB port
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 08-14 WRX USB port within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys I have a question for you, I recently purchased a 14 wrx and when I plug my iphone ...

08-14 WRX USB port

Hey guys I have a question for you, I recently purchased a 14 wrx and when I plug my iphone into the USB port It doesn't charge? I know its not the cables because I use them to charge the phone with a wall outlet as well as a cig light adapter? Is the port in my new car busted? I'm referring to the one in the Arm rest.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It does charge. Just insanely ridiculously slow.
    It's really inconvenient

Quote Originally Posted by ZXNasty View Post
    It does charge. Just insanely ridiculously slow.
    It's really inconvenient
    Oh weird It doesnt even come up on my phone as charging, Its no big deal I guess Ill just use the adapter and put it in the armrest.
    Last edited by xRisk; 02-11-2014 at 08:25 AM.

It shows charging on my S4 but only goes up 1% every 10-15 minutes it seems like

I had to try 3 different cables before I found one that worked
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

Mine will charge but only if my radio is on USB. It will not play any of my music for some reason tho.

Are you on the USB mode while trying to charge your phone?

Registered User SylvainBeauvais's Avatar
    You have to select USB as the input since the USB port is only powered when it is selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Peoplecallmewrx View Post
    Are you on the USB mode while trying to charge your phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by SylvainBeauvais View Post
    You have to select USB as the input since the USB port is only powered when it is selected.
    I didn't know this, Thanks guys.

The others are correct, if I plug my phone into charge I toggle through the inputs to select usb for a minute then switch back to whatever I was using. Selecting it initializes it and then will begin charging

Good to know

Quote Originally Posted by dtraill27 View Post
    The others are correct, if I plug my phone into charge I toggle through the inputs to select usb for a minute then switch back to whatever I was using. Selecting it initializes it and then will begin charging
    I found this out by accident also since I always use Bluetooth for my music and GPS... kind of a minor oversight by subaru, it should be able to tell a device is plugged in on the other end, but oh well it's not a huge deal now that I have a Mophie Juicepack to get me through long trips

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.