"I want an STi when I turn 16!" --What was your first car? - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on "I want an STi when I turn 16!" --What was your first car? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I rocked a 1987 Subaru GL wagon in high school. All the girls loved it. I called him Mr. Ratburn ...

I rocked a 1987 Subaru GL wagon in high school. All the girls loved it.

I called him Mr. Ratburn after the character from Arthur. Not my car, but exact lookalike... down to the terrible hub caps.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1987-subaru-gl-pic-4733.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	135625
    2002 OBP WRX - Stage II - "Black Betty"
    1987 Subaru GL Wagon - Stock - "Mr. Ratburn" - SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My first car was a 99' Honda Accord, the gas was great, very reliable and it was plenty roomy for a sedan. My other one was a 04' Matrix, it was actually a pretty fun hatchback to drive.

I can't lie though, I riced out the Accord. Put some aftermarket taillights on it, black wheelcovers, and some tints.

I Support ClubWRX
    1929 Ford Model A Tudor Sedan. I bought it when I was 14, worked on it for three years, and finally got to drive in my junior year in high school. It cost me $80.

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    The picture setup and pose is not dissimilar to those from the promo stills for "Goldfinger" with Connery and the Aston Martin. Well played, great car, and I sincerely hope the tshirt is still ok too. Are those Converse Chuck Taylors? Either way, a great picture.
    Connery? Goldfinger? I'm flattered ... I just happen to do a cheesy but funny Connery voice.

They probably are CTs. Back then they were easy to find in 15 as there was not much else available.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

1973 Buick Riviera

. 1973 Buick Riviera

A 1974 Dodge Dart Swinger, much like this one. Mine was the same color, but had a black vinyl roofm

318 V8 Automatic

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-08-27_16-50-39_778.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	135897

Deleted double post.
    Last edited by zeitgeist; 02-15-2014 at 06:08 AM.

Plymouth Laser RS Turbo.
    Not so much anymore.

"I want an STi when I turn 16!" --What was your first car?

'89 VN commodore - best car ever made

(Stock photo - but mine was extremely similar)

My first car was a 1976 Plymouth Volare. I wish I still had that car.

Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    This is becoming an awesome reference for the young people on here looking for their first car. Hopefully this can be educational in a way. Thanks everyone for posting! Feel free to keep it going if ya wish

I was a typical stupid kid who abused cars.

2001 ford taurus ses - to be fair it had an occaisional overheating issue when it was given to me. (note the given to me part) I had no respect for the car since I didn't have the respect of money and how hard it was to work for something.. anyways I drove the crap out of it doing ebrake spins on gravel getting airborne off railroad crossings and just completely torturing it.. finally think I blew the HG or cracked the head I gave it back and it was sold.

THAT is a good example why kids don't need a nice car.. I was really stupid about it when I was 16..

after that I had a basket case fourwheeler (Yamaha banshee) That I worked my butt off rebuilding from the ground up.. I then sold it so I could buy a car with my own money.. 1996 vw jetta.. I drove it and babied.. until I bought my 1995 vw gti vr6.. I then proceeded to joy ride and trash the jetta (like an idiot) instead of selling it for the $1500 or so it was worth) ... either way it was fun and I don't regret it.. I sold a few hundred dollars worth of parts from it and scrapped it in the long run...

anyways I know when I was a bit younger and dumber I beat on and abused cars... I'm about to turn 23 and have gained a lot of respect for vehicles since then. I'm just bad about buying junk and selling it to buy slightly better junk. I never got a real loan so I have never built up any credit and now I have a glimmer of hope of picking up an 04 wrx that I will baby.

I was a typical stupid kid who abused cars.

2001 ford taurus ses - to be fair it had an occaisional overheating issue when it was given to me. (note the given to me part) I had no respect for the car since I didn't have the respect of money and how hard it was to work for something.. anyways I drove the crap out of it doing ebrake spins on gravel getting airborne off railroad crossings and just completely torturing it.. finally think I blew the HG or cracked the head I gave it back and it was sold.

THAT is a good example why kids don't need a nice car.. I was really stupid about it when I was 16..

after that I had a basket case fourwheeler (Yamaha banshee) That I worked my butt off rebuilding from the ground up.. I then sold it so I could buy a car with my own money.. 1996 vw jetta.. I drove it and babied.. until I bought my 1995 vw gti vr6.. I then proceeded to joy ride and trash the jetta (like an idiot) instead of selling it for the $1500 or so it was worth) ... either way it was fun and I don't regret it.. I sold a few hundred dollars worth of parts from it and scrapped it in the long run...

Oh mine was a 1997 Hyundai Accent Coupe... I called it mean green. Not mine but it looks exactly like it. Bought it for $1000 with 92XXX miles on it. This was back in 2005

2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.