What Is This Impreza WRX Worth?

This is a discussion on What Is This Impreza WRX Worth? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What would you pay for this 2002 WRX? It is very clean and has all maintenance records, literately ALL of ...

Question What Is This Impreza WRX Worth?

What would you pay for this 2002 WRX? It is very clean and has all maintenance records, literately ALL of them. It is being sold by the original 60 year old owner. This beauty has 115,000 miles and has a M/T.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140205_090123428_HDR.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	134234

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I forgot to introduce myself. Hi my name is Sterling and I am 24. I am looking to purchase this Subaru, (see post above) actually I have already committed to buying it. I am eager to be a part of this community and will have many great posts to share. Thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Silver bugeye wagons, especially one owned by an older fellow, and that may be completely stock, are quite a nice find. It seems to me that for a while, the value of the 2002-2003 cars was starting to rise. Blue book wants to say that this car, assuming excellent condition, is worth about $7300 in my neck of the woods. (NC) But sometimes BB can be a little off. Hopefully someone that watches the market more closely will chime in!

Welcome aboard!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Last summer I paid 10k for an 03 wrx sedan with 70k on it.

I paid $8500 for my 02 , mint, one owner, 70k miles,,,,,,, and i will gladly pay it again

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Take it to a mechanic, have the checklist done. There's a thread on here called "Used Buying Checklist." Look at KBB and NADA beforehand. Then, after it checks out, compare those prices to to his price and decide what it's worth to you, what would you pay for it? I'm assuming his price is probly a couple thousand more than what the car books for. So in that case, if the car is indeed mint, I'd walk him down a little; but not much (note the people above) since it's a great specimen. I'd prefer to pay book value. But yeah, I'd pay up to about $8-9k if it were here in Tennessee and in mint condition.

Good luck with it

That that would go for about 10 here in VA
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

I'd start with an offer for $7k.

Verified the timing belt service has been done?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

MTM
    well what does he want for it?