Going Rate for Stock STi's?

This is a discussion on Going Rate for Stock STi's? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Does anyone out there have any recent experience on what stock 04-07 STi's are going for? Did you recently buy ...

Going Rate for Stock STi's?

Does anyone out there have any recent experience on what stock 04-07 STi's are going for? Did you recently buy or sell a never modded stock STI? Care to share what you paid/sold for and details in the vehicle, condition mileage etc? Pricing out there varies so wildly between Edmunds, NADA and BlueBook in addition to what people are asking for I am having a hard time figuring out exactly what the real value of these cars are!

Some background on why I ask.

My low mileage stock 2006 STI was recently declared a total loss by the insurance company, bummer. Of course they are using heavily modded cars (which sold cheaply) as comparables to come up with a very lowball price. So I need to battle them on this as a modded track car is exactly comparable to a stock vehicle... Of course I would like full blue book (which gives the highest pricing), but also wonder how realistic this is.

On the flip side I want to buy another stock 04-07 STi as I had only had the car for a little over a year and was not ready to give it up. What are these cars actually going for. Of course they are so rare everyone is asking full blue book. But what is the reality on what they are selling for?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I totaled my 05 STI back in August...I got $16,300 for it, and that was with 131,000 miles on it and not stock. How low mileage did you have?

If its lower, I'd realistically expect that you should get $17,500-$18,000 (NADA guide has it upwards of $19k for clean retail. KBB is a crappy guide to go by, BTW. )

I would certainly try and fight that as much as you possibly could. Who's your insurance company?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

My car is an 06 STi with 45k miles, totally stock and in near perfect condition. Opening offer from insurance (AMICA) is $24.5k

I am in serious discussions with the owner of this car. RARE 2004 Subaru WRX STi ONLY 15,000 Miles. I am at a bit of a loss what it is really worth however. On the one hand it is about $2.5k over KBB private sale which is $27.5k . On the other hand I know a 2004 (which I would love to have) in this condition & mileage will not come around often at all. Anyone have any thoughts as to what this car will fairly go for?

I paid $19,500 for my 06 STi two years ago. It had 61,743 miles on it.
    ++ + ++P3LLA++ + ++

06 STi ( Stage II ) BOOSTED
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE # 808

Wait, they are offering you $24.5k pay out on it??? And you're complaining???

And that guy is selling a 10 year old Subaru for just under what retail was??? WTF is this world coming to?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Haha. Thanks that certainly helps to put things in perspective.

I actually watched the value of my STI increase as I owned it.

+1 to mike
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

I mean I know the value of these things have gone up...I've been in the game for quite awhile. I bought my 05 STI for $19k with 79k on the clock back in 2009. And to have put almost 60k miles on it in the 3 and a half years I had it, and really only depreciate only $2700, I was floored! If I had kept it stock, I might have been paid close to $19k-20k myself!

Yea it is a bit mindboggling. Which I guess is why I am wondering what they actually sell for vs what KBB/NADA say. I don't mind paying the $ if I know I will be able to recoup it once I decide to sell.

It's a car - not a house. I personally don't expect to sell a used car for more than what I paid for it, ever...
    But it's an interesting concept...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?