What is a WRX or STI?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on What is a WRX or STI? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I would love to own an Impreza WRX or WRX-STI but the funds are not there and probably wont ...

What is a WRX or STI?

So I would love to own an Impreza WRX or WRX-STI but the funds are not there and probably wont be for some time. That being said I had a kid blow up at me because I called what he says is a WRX, an Impreza. He says they are completely different cars and I said they are the same. Ok so don't get all technical on me about how it has some different options so its different. What I am asking is, Is everyone who owns a WRX or STI like this? To me its an Impreza I know you may call it WRX or STI but underneath all the skin it is an Impreza. He also said I would get kicked off any forum if I ever stated this on one. So as a WRX and STI fan I thought....Couldn't hurt to see what you guys think. I mean this Kid was really pissed.

Thanks for letting me ask.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    was this kid 16 years of age? seems pretty crazy to argue about something like that.

if you look at his title, registration, or hell even the back of his trunk it will say "impreza"

"subaru impreza wrx" "subaru impreza wrx sti"

just like an SRT4 is still a neon. a speed3 is still a 3. a speed6 is still a 6. a shelby GT500 is still a mustang.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

That kid sounds like an idiot. Up until 2015 models they're all in pre as regardless if it's a wrx or sti.

I Support ClubWRX
    This is a picture from when I first bought my car. Look at what it says in on the right side of the trunk. They have always when the "Impreza WRX or WRX STi." They did not break away from the Impreza name until 2015, however, they are still basing the WRX and STi off the Impreza body (to some people's dismay).

I'm guessing this was a younger individual?

They are souped up Imprezas. There's absolutely no arguing that. Tell him to sign up here and try and convince this entire forum otherwise lol.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

This is a younger man. When I called it an Impreza and he go mad and said its a WRX I said same thing and that resulted in a long drawn out argument. He kept claiming it was a completely different car. I said no its an Impreza, no matter how you look at it. But thanks for the SRT-4 comment cause that's exactly what I said to him. He said that an Impreza is a compact econimical car and I said so is yours. Then he stated that he only gets XX MPG. And I told him that is like twice what I get in my truck. I think then he told me my truck was stupid. He is a good friend, he is very opinionated. he also works under me. Anyway he left work in a big huff.

Thanks for all your comments.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    LOL. Tell him to look at the badges on his car, wikipedia, his registration, his owner's manual, nada, kbb, the subaru website, ask the dealership, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Impreza-WRX-STI View Post
    This is a younger man. When I called it an Impreza and he go mad and said its a WRX I said same thing and that resulted in a long drawn out argument. He kept claiming it was a completely different car. I said no its an Impreza, no matter how you look at it. But thanks for the SRT-4 comment cause that's exactly what I said to him. He said that an Impreza is a compact econimical car and I said so is yours. Then he stated that he only gets XX MPG. And I told him that is like twice what I get in my truck. I think then he told me my truck was stupid. He is a good friend, he is very opinionated. he also works under me. Anyway he left work in a big huff.

Thanks for all your comments.
    Since he is a co-worker/friend, if he continues to make a big deal about this and it seems to be something he's holding onto, seriously direct him here. I wouldn't personally prolong the argument, transfer it to us, so it doesn't impact your work relationship or anything along those lines.

"Well, I understand that you think it's a totally different car, but I checked with clubwrx.com members and they agree with me, so if you want to argue with anyone you can try them."
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Since he is a co-worker/friend, if he continues to make a big deal about this and it seems to be something he's holding onto, seriously direct him here. I wouldn't personally prolong the argument, transfer it to us, so it doesn't impact your work relationship or anything along those lines.

"Well, I understand that you think it's a totally different car, but I checked with clubwrx.com members and they agree with me, so if you want to argue with anyone you can try them."
    Yeah I'm not going to argue with him anymore. He was just so mad that it was on my mind last night. If he still wants to argue with anyone then I will direct him this way. Although I think I might mess with him and call them Impreza's from now on. LOL.

Thanks for your input guys and thanks for listening.

Sounds to me like someone who's identity relies heavily on material items/his car and, therefore, has to make sure everyone knows he is not driving "just an Impreza."

When asked what I drive, I most often reply with "an Impreza" or even "a Subaru" as distinguishing "WRX" seems pretentious and frequently requires more explanation.

Wait...so this whole time I've been driving an impreza....wtf?!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Ask him if his wrx is an sti and then when he says no be all upset and be like oh it's only a wrx....lame
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    Ask him if his wrx is an sti and then when he says no be all upset and be like oh it's only a wrx....lame
    that is the correct way to respond!

Actually I looked on Subaru.com with my tablet and looked at the WRX and said oh wait the STI is a package that you can buy on top of the WRX. That made him pretty mad. I told him to settle down. But he still stormed out all mad because to him they are all 3 separated. Shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    Wait...so this whole time I've been driving an impreza....wtf?!
    That is funny! Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast