Replaced radiator still heating up.....IM LOOSING MY MIND!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Replaced radiator still heating up.....IM LOOSING MY MIND! within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just replaced my radiator on my 04 wrx. It's still heating up and can't figure out why. Fans are working, ...

Replaced radiator still heating up.....IM LOOSING MY MIND!

Just replaced my radiator on my 04 wrx. It's still heating up and can't figure out why. Fans are working, put enough coolant in, and checked the pressure. Need some help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Can you confirm that the system is well burped?

Is there anything blocking airflow through the radiator (perhaps something in between the A/C condenser and radiator)?

Have you checked on the state of the water pump and thermostat (are they still working properly)?

Do you know if the water temperature gauge in the cabin is correct? (i.e. is there a gauge or thermometer problem)
    David - '05 WRX

im going to try burping it again in an hour i just did it 10 mins ago had it on a hill, waited till the bubbles stopped and turned it off. I drove it up the hill and back and still heating up

Quote Originally Posted by Obeisance View Post
    Can you confirm that the system is well burped?

Is there anything blocking airflow through the radiator (perhaps something in between the A/C condenser and radiator)?

Have you checked on the state of the water pump and thermostat (are they still working properly)?

Do you know if the water temperature gauge in the cabin is correct? (i.e. is there a gauge or thermometer problem
    )
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Hey man same thing happened to me when I picked up my 04 wrx it happened when the storm hit us, at first I topped off the cooliant to make it wasn't leaking and it was, it turned out that the CORE RADIATOR HOSE split, check your fluids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Fixed

It wasn't well burped and this was my first time changing my radiator, i do appreciate everyones replies!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.