buying a completely completely stock WRX, with some oil below!

This is a discussion on buying a completely completely stock WRX, with some oil below! within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just went to see a WRX. 2003 model peanut eye. has 100,000 miles on it.. the car is completely ...

buying a completely completely stock WRX, with some oil below!

I just went to see a WRX. 2003 model peanut eye. has 100,000 miles on it..
    the car is completely stock doesn't even have BoV, exhaust or tinted window like most WRX has...... I was kind of expecting to get a lightly modded WRX so I can save some cash...

now the car runs very well and there is no oil leak anywhere from the bottom including near turbo. however I do find a little bit of 'oily dirt' near the front of the engine.. it's in front to the driver side of the oil filter. there is black and when I touch it, it was greasy, but not wet.. please see photo. the oil is directly below the green circle. it's nothing major like dripping. just some dried out oil that mixed with dust. all other area are bone dry

what is there and what could be the problem?

another question is that I believe the WRX had not done it's full timing belt service. the guy asking for $10k and is willing to go down a bit because it's due for major service soon. besides that, the car is very very clean and stock. how much should I offer him ? ? ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The A/C compressor is there. The oil could be due to a leak in the A/C system. It could also be motor oil. Take the car to a mechanic.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

If the wrx has no BOV = worn engine/turbo ?

The mileage and conditions (as described) seem ok for an 03. Try to lower the price to at least $8K so you can cover the timing belt change, water pump,accessory belt, hoses etc.
    2008 WRX HATCH W/ TORQUED PERFORMANCE STAGE 3.52

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by vcreation View Post
    I don't follow this. See the "how to buy" threads. Incidentally, since the engine has been cleaned you are lucky to see any leaks at all.

Take it to a mechanic.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I don't follow this. See the "how to buy" threads. Incidentally, since the engine has been cleaned you are lucky to see any leaks at all.
    Take it to a mechanic.
    This. If you're unsure about what you're dealing with, get help before putting down your hard-earned cash.
    "Peanut eye"? I don't think I've heard it called that in quite a while.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    If it's all stock then you've done well, but definitely take it to a mechanic and have it looked over thoroughly.

Quote Originally Posted by vcreation View Post
    Not sure what you mean here. The pic above clearly shows the stock BPV. If it's never had an aftermarket BOV on it...then it's a better sign than not.

I'm guessing that you are Overseas somewhere considering you called the 03MY a Peanut Eye...USA didn't get Peanut Eyes (Blobeyes) here until 2004. Everywhere else they were in 2003.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying