Crashed my WRX on Xmas eve Repairable or totalled
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Crashed my WRX on Xmas eve Repairable or totalled within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Im stationed in Germany and on my way to morning formation against my will I might add. I got into ...

Crashed my WRX on Xmas eve Repairable or totalled

Im stationed in Germany and on my way to morning formation against my will I might add. I got into a bad slide and needed maybe another foot or two of road to recover but didn't and ended up hitting a ditch flipping to car over and rolling twice before ending up on the wheels again. I walked away fine and was alone thankfully. I have been around cars my whole life and in building them I know what is repairable and what is just done for. Everything damaged is replaceable except the rear quarters. There is no frame damage, no engine damage except turbo coolant lines maybe intercooler, no damage to roof, no air bag deployment. I was wanting some more guys that might have dealt with this kind of damage before to give me some advice its a 2005 wrx with 94k on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20131224_103127_947.jpg   IMG_20131224_103118_006.jpg   IMG_20131224_103120_441.jpg   IMG_20131224_103044_218.jpg   IMG_20131224_103054_428.jpg  

IMG_20131224_103103_761.jpg   IMG_20131224_103108_036.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Roll over? Totaled. Who's your insurance company?

Yikes! Sorry bro. Where in Germany? I was stationed on Panzer Kaserne for a short time. I am thinking part car for a new wrx. You could probably buy it back cheap when it gets totaled out, which it looks like it will. Body work ain't cheap. I got hit on the side in my 02 wagon and it nearly totalled it out. I think it would be far more feasible to transfer parts to a new wrx than fix that much cosmetic damage. Just my $0.02. Best of luck!

Its a german insurance company mirascon. Theres no damage to the cars cage or frame how would roll over be considered totalled if other subarus have rolled and still drive on a clean title.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh15T View Post
    Its a german insurance company mirascon. Theres no damage to the cars cage or frame how would roll over be considered totalled if other subarus have rolled and still drive on a clean title.
    Have you taken it to a shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh15T View Post
    If the cost to repair is higher than the insurance company's appraised value of the car itself they generally total it out unfortunately. I would ask the insurance company what they value your car at. That's the first thing I did before I got any repair quotes. I was $1,000 away from being totaled out!

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    *sigh*

Germans don't really work around holidays lol so yes its sitting a shop that only towes and deals with mech problems so it has to be taken to a body shop once people deside to get back to work again. Im stationed in Ansbach

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Finden Sie ein neues Auto, that ****'s kaput.

Wow! Glad to see you walked away. From just a glance, looks repairable to me. Did your airbags activate at all? I had a mazda6 years ago that was totaled only because the cost to repair the deployed airbags put the repair job into a range that was worth more than the vehicle.

I always thought no matter what a roll over is totaled due to frame integrity...
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Nope theres no major front end damage to the bumper to set off the airbags. Ive found all the parts on different web sites and have sent emails asking about military discounts to off set the costs of repairs so other then the rear quarters i think its an easy fix. As for it rolling Id rather it had been in my subi the my other cars Subaru has very strong cars.

I Support ClubWRX
    Even if you can fix it for cheap, wasn't there a police report stating what happened? I'm not familiar with German law, but in OR, any accident with more than $1500 in damage requires a police report, and that report could mean the car can't be registered again.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Here in germany they do take some notes but if its a single car with no injuries they count it as a minor incident and give you a breathalyzer and go about their day. The military police do some paperwork but nothing major since no tickets were issued. I have to wait till the germans deside its time to get to work and check out my car. Until i have their quote on the repair bill i wont know what is going to happen. If they do total it i will but it back just to strip her for another car build and find an sti to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    I always thought no matter what a roll over is totaled due to frame integrity...
    Exactly, I would imagine it's difficult to be confident about frame integrity from a rollover.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.