Crashed my WRX on Xmas eve Repairable or totalled - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Crashed my WRX on Xmas eve Repairable or totalled within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Keep us updated as to the fate of your vehicle. Hopefully all turns out well....

Keep us updated as to the fate of your vehicle. Hopefully all turns out well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The parts you found are they painted or unpainted?

Um... have you seen the undercarriage? Any dents/bends large SCRAPES (think BAD rust down the line if so)? I can see from the side-pic your cat-back at the minimum is toast I'd imagine more is banged up under there. You really think your suspension is going to be fine with all that? What is the car worth and what is your itemized running list?

How do you know there is no frame damage without trying to align it? That car would be totaled for me no matter what insurance said - I'm doubtful the car would ever align again. If not the suspension AT LEAST the body panels will never line up right again. Stuff is bent in there you can't see without a complete strip. It will never be the same - trust me. Time to move on.

not to mention the drivers side front wheel is all jacked up. You definitely have some busted up suspension.

I'm willing to bet it's totaled, easily in body work and paint alone.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm just going to leave this here. Your car is totaled. Figure out roughly how much money you're going to get from the total loss and start shopping for something else.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Subaru has some if the highest ratings for rollovers they build their wrx and sti lines based alot on their rally cars because they know some guys may play alittle rough off road with them and not have a roll cage

Subaru has some if the highest ratings for rollovers they build their wrx and sti lines based alot on their rally cars because they know some guys may play alittle rough off road with them and not have a roll cage. I also found out that here in Germany if a car is totalled its returned to the own to do what they will with it so I wont need to put money out to buy her back and have already got offers for parts lol so either way I think itll be ok but i do want her fixed.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh15T View Post
    Subaru has some if the highest ratings for rollovers they build their wrx and sti lines based alot on their rally cars because they know some guys may play alittle rough off road with them and not have a roll cage. I also found out that here in Germany if a car is totalled its returned to the own to do what they will with it so I wont need to put money out to buy her back and have already got offers for parts lol so either way I think itll be ok but i do want her fixed.
    Your. Car. Is. Totaled. If you want to fix it, have fun wasting your money. It's not a financially smart move. Subaru built these cars to be commuters, not part time rally racers. As far as being returned to the owner, I doubt that's the case, especially if the insurance company pays on a claim. They wouldn't make any money if they gave every totaled vehicle back to the owner.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Just because it has highest ratings for roll overs, doesn't mean it's not going to be totaled. Those are safety ratings for limiting injury to passengers, not for damage to a car.

And also for the record...they build WRXs and STIs based off of base Imprezas, not a rally cars.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    I'm just going to leave this here. Your car is totaled. Figure out roughly how much money you're going to get from the total loss and start shopping for something else.
    This.

Whether or not it is totalled has nothing to do with whether or not it can be fixed. Anything can be fixed with enough money. It 100% comes down to whether it is cheaper for the insurance to pay for it to get fixed or to just give you whatever money they determine it to be worth. Usually over some percentage of value they will total it -- and they definitely will not pay more than it is worth to fix it for you.

A 2005 with almost 100k on it? I'd imagine you'd pay more than the value just in body work and paint, even if there was nothing else wrong with it.

F'ing rally car yo!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Your a true car lover my friend! Put your baby to rest and part her out. Find a newer or same year and make it right, building is half the fun anyway. You know your going to get into a repair and just keep finding issue after issue. You'll end up spending twice as much as you would have finding something else. Good luck and keep us posted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AWD demolition derby car!

Albeit it is already mostly demolished

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12