Minor Damage to my 2014 WRX in a Walmart Parking Lot
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Minor Damage to my 2014 WRX in a Walmart Parking Lot within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As I was driving out of the Walmart parking lot yesterday I saw a small note under the windshield wiper. ...

Minor Damage to my 2014 WRX in a Walmart Parking Lot

As I was driving out of the Walmart parking lot yesterday I saw a small note under the windshield wiper. I pulled over and found this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5467.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	128585

I hadn't noticed any damage when I got in the car but I went back to the place I parked and found this partially under the tire of a car that had parked next to my car while I was in the store. It was not a Mazda6.

Name:	DSCN5468.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	128593

It is the cap on the door handle around the keyhole.

Name:	DSCN5470.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	128601

There was no other damage to my car. I don't understand how they could have knocked it off the car. I drove the entire lot looking for the Mazda6 but not a single one to be found. I ran a search on the license number but kept getting error messages and their help line was not open on Friday. Since I paid for the service I will try to contact them again on Monday.

I called the dealer and the part is only $7.15 but it only comes primed. The parts guy checked with the paint shop they use and got me a quote of $50 to paint it. It is so high because the paint is expensive and doesn't come in small quantities. The paint shop said I could keep the excess paint but warned it was only usable for about 2 weeks.

The parts guy suggested I get the touch up paint and try brush painting it. I went ahead and ordered the part and the touch up paint but I don't think it will do a satisfactory job. In the past I have had paint stores mix up factory color and put it in a rattle can. I don't know if they still do that but I will check on Monday.
    2014 Crazy Cart
    2014 WRX 5 door base model
    2013 5/8ths scale Lotus 7 http://s1261.photobucket.com/user/sc...brary/Baby%207
    2011 Ram 1500
    2004 Caterham 7 SV http://www.britishv8.org/Other/SkipCannon.htm
    1992 Mazda Miata

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For 60 bucks, just have it painted and be done with it.
    I wouldn't bother pursuing the Mazda 6.. Unless there were cameras filming said Mazda driver damaging your car, there isn't much of a case.
    Sucks that your car got damaged.. But that's a risk we take when parking in parking lots :/
    FWIW, I know your pain http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth... anything nice

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.