Minor Damage to my 2014 WRX in a Walmart Parking Lot

This is a discussion on Minor Damage to my 2014 WRX in a Walmart Parking Lot within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As I was driving out of the Walmart parking lot yesterday I saw a small note under the windshield wiper. ...

Minor Damage to my 2014 WRX in a Walmart Parking Lot

As I was driving out of the Walmart parking lot yesterday I saw a small note under the windshield wiper. I pulled over and found this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5467.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	128585

I hadn't noticed any damage when I got in the car but I went back to the place I parked and found this partially under the tire of a car that had parked next to my car while I was in the store. It was not a Mazda6.

Name:	DSCN5468.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	128593

It is the cap on the door handle around the keyhole.

Name:	DSCN5470.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	128601

There was no other damage to my car. I don't understand how they could have knocked it off the car. I drove the entire lot looking for the Mazda6 but not a single one to be found. I ran a search on the license number but kept getting error messages and their help line was not open on Friday. Since I paid for the service I will try to contact them again on Monday.

I called the dealer and the part is only $7.15 but it only comes primed. The parts guy checked with the paint shop they use and got me a quote of $50 to paint it. It is so high because the paint is expensive and doesn't come in small quantities. The paint shop said I could keep the excess paint but warned it was only usable for about 2 weeks.

The parts guy suggested I get the touch up paint and try brush painting it. I went ahead and ordered the part and the touch up paint but I don't think it will do a satisfactory job. In the past I have had paint stores mix up factory color and put it in a rattle can. I don't know if they still do that but I will check on Monday.
    2014 Crazy Cart
    2014 WRX 5 door base model
    2013 5/8ths scale Lotus 7 http://s1261.photobucket.com/user/sc...brary/Baby%207
    2011 Ram 1500
    2004 Caterham 7 SV http://www.britishv8.org/Other/SkipCannon.htm
    1992 Mazda Miata

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For 60 bucks, just have it painted and be done with it.
    I wouldn't bother pursuing the Mazda 6.. Unless there were cameras filming said Mazda driver damaging your car, there isn't much of a case.
    Sucks that your car got damaged.. But that's a risk we take when parking in parking lots :/
    FWIW, I know your pain http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth... anything nice