Feedback knock every time I drive?

This is a discussion on Feedback knock every time I drive? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just installed the v3 last week and have logged a few runs and everyone has a feedback knock. I'm ...

Feedback knock every time I drive?

I just installed the v3 last week and have logged a few runs and everyone has a feedback knock. I'm running the 93 map and 93 gas.. They are all at low rpm's and range from 1.4 to 4. I've read about false knock on various feeds but I just looked at a log today,that someone else posted, with no knock at all. I'm starting to get concerned now because I haven't had a run without some sort of feedback. I thought it was normal to have some feedback. I'm currently running it in economy mode and got a 1.4 on the way to work today. The knocks seem to be at low rpm's and they are all random not constant. Should I be concerned?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Have the defrost on? I know I post this response a bunch, but I used to get slight FB knock when I used to drive around with my defrost or A/C on. After turned it off the FB knock went away. It's worth trying it.

Also, post up a log on here so we can see it.

Thanks, I'll throw up a log when I get home tonight. The heat is always on, I'm in the north east, I'll drive home with it off tonight and see if that helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Wouldn't be heat as much as defrost/ac. I live in the NE too

I noticed the same and asked a subaru tuner about it. He told me that knocking readings during casual driving are almost always "noise" picked by the knock sensors. If you want to know if your car really has knocking issues you'll have to do a wide open throtle run.
    2008 WRX HATCH W/ TORQUED PERFORMANCE STAGE 3.52

Sorry this took so long the holidays have been busy. Here is a link to google docs with a strong logged run. Please take a look and let me know what you think. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByI...it?usp=sharing

Don't see any Feedback Knock - you are showing some Fine Knock Learn (very little). So at some point there was some feedback know. But, you have Dynamic Advance happening - meaning you ECU is working to add timing back.

Nothing wrong here - it looks like you ECU is just learning the bounds of your motor.

Thanks for the info, I did another run today and I'll post it tomorrow, we'll see if there are any changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk