Ive returned home
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ive returned home within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Been about 7 years since I have been on clubWRX. I used to post under my actual name aaronwillen from ...

Ive returned home

Been about 7 years since I have been on clubWRX. I used to post under my actual name aaronwillen from like 2002 to 2006. Drove a bugeye all those years from my highschool graduation until I finished college. I dont see anyone around here from my past posting days, but long story short I had a stg4ish car with a VF34 and UTEC etc. Ended up having an oil line on the turbo rupture and I catastrophically lost oil pressure=blown motor. I sold my bugeye to a scrap yard and moved on with my life. Had 2 A4s in the few years after college, and have been driving an MKV GTI since 2009.
    We had a few back to back snowstorms here in Philly over the last few weeks, and 2 weeks ago I got VERY stuck in a hilariously small amount of snow and something inside me snapped. I needed something with AWD/4WD. After briefly toying with the idea of picking up a beat jeep and keeping the GTI, I decided to pickup a used WRX.

I purchased a 2010 wagon with 54kmi on it this afternoon! I am literally giddy as hell, and incredibly nostalgic. I need to keep the mods to a minimum for a while but cant wait to tinker a little bit!

So yeah, so glad to be back. This forum was literally "like home" to me for many years. When I last posted I was living this insane dream that I would go to medical school...and at that time it was really an insane dream thought I certainly thought would never happen. As I post here again, home with my new WRX, I am 4 months away from my medical school graduation, and will be starting my emergency medicine residency in July. It is really like my life has come full circle. Sorry for being a lil emo .

I realize I dont know many/all of you, but I look forward to some more fun posting here on clubwrx, and getting to be part of the community again!

Aaron

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congratulations and welcome back to the club!
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

I'm engaged to my WRX. kedonot1's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice work, and welcome back
    Need help diagnosing check engine codes? Just message me!

Quote Originally Posted by kedonot1 View Post
    Nice work, and welcome back
    Thanks! And I see you are from cuse. I did my undergrad studies at SUNY Cortland. Wife is from Cortland, and I was just at Upstate for a residency interview. Liked the program a lot, but will probably end up in Albany (where I grew up).

I'm engaged to my WRX. kedonot1's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GTIWRX View Post
    Thanks! And I see you are from cuse. I did my undergrad studies at SUNY Cortland. Wife is from Cortland, and I was just at Upstate for a residency interview. Liked the program a lot, but will probably end up in Albany (where I grew up).
    Yup! Not my favorite place to be, haha. But that's pretty sweet and everyone ends up in Albany, I swear! And that's sweet! Upstate is an awesome place!
    Need help diagnosing check engine codes? Just message me!

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Cool! Welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by kedonot1 View Post
    Yup! Not my favorite place to be, haha. But that's pretty sweet and everyone ends up in Albany, I swear! And that's sweet! Upstate is an awesome place!
    Scratch that, wife is actually from Manlius, its been a long day! But yeah cuse is meh....its cuse. My inlaws still live there, so I am in cuse on occasion, hit up the usual old spots (dinos, brooklyn pickle, etc). Albany seems to be doing a lot better than when I moved away. I am miserable here in Philly and cant wait to get back to upstate NY.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi Aaron! There's still a lot of us old folks around. I'm sure you'll see a lot of names you'll recognize.

Welcome back,
    Steve

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh hi yes I remember your name.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

im very new here , but welcome back, and congrats on your success story.....

I Support ClubWRX
    Ha! I just noticed that we joined a few days apart, you've been gone for several years while I was here all the time, and you still have more posts than I do.

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

Hey man! I def recognize you and SD_GR. Hope all is well with you guys! I am sitting here looking at possible mods Things have changed in terms of what mods people are doing..sheesh.

Also, my GTI has a blown ABS control module.......arghhh! Looks like its going to be 1000+ to repair. I need to sell the GTI ASAP since I definitely cant cover two loans!

Quote Originally Posted by blusuby View Post
    im very new here , but welcome back, and congrats on your success story.....
    Thanks! Its been a long journey thats for sure! I recall another guy "in the old days" was about to enter med school. Im sure hes a full blown attending physician by now.

Quote Originally Posted by smorris View Post
    Ha! I just noticed that we joined a few days apart, you've been gone for several years while I was here all the time, and you still have more posts than I do.
    Thats funny! Ive been checking this site every now and again over the years, but felt a little weird posting bc I no longer had a WRX. You been driving the same car all these years?>

And yes I have more posts, because when I was a 21 I was a huge post *****!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast