2013 WRX low mpg after intake filter change + oil change - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX low mpg after intake filter change + oil change within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by JimboWRX Read the posts regarding Goldsteins on unysoc.org...you'll start to understand why an overwhelming majority of Subaru ...

Quote Originally Posted by JimboWRX View Post
    Read the posts regarding Goldsteins on unysoc.org...you'll start to understand why an overwhelming majority of Subaru enthusiasts steer clear of them.
    Damn, Damn, Damn.....I finally remembered my password for unysoc and did this thing called a "search" now I'm very disappointed. I want to take my car to Capitaland for an oil change but I'm slightly concerned about loosing my lifetime power train warranty through Goldstein. What would you guys do? Just say F*&^ the lifetime warranty and jump ship?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I know nothing of that dealer, but I can tell you that the stock airbox on the 3rd gens is a **** design that is far more complicated to open and close that it need be. Also remember, you will almost always find more complaints about a dealer online than praise. That being said, I do trust EJ257 and his assesments.

I would not completely write off the dealership based on a wrongly installed airbox. Rather, I would take it back to the dealer, get face to face with the service manager, and politely demand a free (as in right then and there) oil change....to get rid of the unfiltered particles that got sucked into the engine and contaminated the oil. Odds are that they will 'make it right' and remember you as not only an attentive customer, but one that gave them the ability to make it right. Before leaving (if you give them the chance), pop the hood and make sure everything is in the right place. You might just get a free oil change out of it.

I had a similar negligent issue with an oil change last year at my dealer. About 1000 miles after the change I stopped at a parts store to fill up my washer fluid, and when I poped the hood I found the dealer had not put my oil filler cap back on after filling up. Engine vibration and cornering has slopped oil all over my engine bay. I was seeing red for a few hours, but I called the dealer as soon as I got to a landline and spoke to the service manager. I demanded a free oil change, a complete engine bay degrease and detail, as well as new hood liner and under-tray liner. All I got as a response was 'Yes Sir. Sorry Sir. Right away Sir. Stop by at your convenience Sir.' They took care of it properly. I have since changed to doing my own fluid changes, but the dealer still has their place (for me) for waranty work, OEM parts like filters when I don't have time to wait for internet orders, and work that I don't have the ability to do.

As for the milage, it is more than likely the winter gas. I am not sure if my driving habbits changed, or maybe the winter blend this year is different, but I am also seeing slightly lower MPGs than last winter. Winter is always lower MPGs than summer due to fuel blend and letting the car warm up a bit before taking off.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.