Stock more wrx!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stock more wrx!! within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Why does subaru refuse to stock their dealers with more then 2 wrx per dealership? I called a few dealerships ...

Stock more wrx!!

Why does subaru refuse to stock their dealers with more then 2 wrx per dealership? I called a few dealerships and they all said subaru doesnt give them many..why? Do they think that not meeting demand will make people want the car more? Its not like if they had 10 wrx on the lot they would rot! They need to meet the demand.
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

They usually give dealers a select amount based on the sales performance of a general type of car in that region or area.

Plenty of dealers try and stock way more than 2...especially in my area, but most of them are sold by the time the dealer simply gets word of new inventory.

Supply and demand is a fickle principle...if you have as much as or more than is demanded, you will lose some money. If you supply less, you produce less and use less materials, shipping, man hours, you make more money.

Plus...they know how to play human nature very well. If everyone could have one, then not everyone would want one.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I'm gonna go with that most people in the market for a new wrx/sti want what they want, and don't want to settle for a different trim/color.

The dealership I called said all the '14s are sold. ..and I'm like ok...well order more in then. These are wrx..not some exotic lambo. I think that pushing out the 2015 wrx in the middle of 2014 really hurts sales for the previous year. I was ably to get my 2014 Toyota in July of 2013.. lol
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

Most, if not all dealers can not place orders anymore.

Never heard of a car company not meeting demand. Ford stocks plenty of mustang. Dodge stocks plenty of chargers. Mazda stocks plenty of mazda speed 3s. See the pattern?

Edit: you can still order from certain dealers
    Last edited by RichD514; 12-19-2013 at 06:07 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    Never heard of a car company not meeting demand. Ford stocks plenty of mustang. Dodge stocks plenty of chargers. Mazda stocks plenty of mazda speed 3s. See the pattern?
    The pattern yes. The point though, no. What's the point?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    The pattern yes. The point though, no. What's the point?
    The point is stock more wrx. If the 14s are already sold then that would tell me that demand is higher then supply. The dealership I just called said that subaru only gives them 10 wrx a month to sell and he said they are usually spoken for before they even reach the lot

I Support ClubWRX
    OK. Mikie13 has addressed this IMO.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Mustangs, chargers....are all over the road and all look exactly the same. Everyone has one and no one can differentiate between the performance models and the econo models. Unless of course they have a bunch of taped on hood scoops and louvres. Mustangs are great and all, and they've come a long way and are formidable muscle cars. But I don't want one, simply because there are 10 mustangs and 8 chargers in my apartment complex parking lot, a small parking lot at that.

Yeah he has, I'm just venting. It's frustrating when you want to test drive/buy a car but they dont have much stock

I Support ClubWRX
    Maybe reconsider whether you want to buy it. If demand is high then prices could be high too. I'd not buy a "hot" car for that reason alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    Seriously? Try factory ordering a Ferrari; you're looking at 18 months to 2 years. It's how manufacturers create desirability. The harder it is to have and the rarer it is to see, the more desirable it becomes. When I was selling MINIs in 2004, a factory order of a Cooper S was 6 months. That's no accident. There were also no discounts. Nothing. It keeps people wanting them because they can't have them and it keeps used prices high. Subaru does the same thing. How many Mustangs do you see on the road? Loads. How much discount can you get on a new one? Probably a lot. How well do they hold their value? Terribly. Because you can walk straight into a dealer and get one immediately with a big discount.

^skool3d

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.