Stock more wrx!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Stock more wrx!! within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Justanothername Put if they already sold out of those 10 wrx coming in before they hit the ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    Put if they already sold out of those 10 wrx coming in before they hit the lot then logic states that they can order 20 wrx and the other 10 will already be sold before they hit the lot of they'll spend a few days on the lot and be sold.
    Dealers don't want these cars sitting on the lot. They lose a ton of negotiation power if they do.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Dealers don't want these cars sitting on the lot. They lose a ton of negotiation power if they do.
    Not really, they don't HAVE to budge at all on the price, they know they'll sell for the sticker price, hence why they sold out of 10 wrx before they hit the lot.
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

I Support ClubWRX
    But if they already sold out of those 10 wrx coming in before they hit the lot then logic states that they can order 20 wrx and the other 10 will already be sold before they hit the lot of they'll spend a few days on the lot and be sold.
    Please re-read the second post in this thread.

I don't really see a HIGH demand for a wrx, they just keep the stock low for whatever reason but it's obvious that if their 10 car order is already sold before it hits the lot then they need to double or triple that order.
    Stating it's "obvious" makes it a bit like an axiom. They were selling cars last year too, they have some experience figuring out how to do all that and they also have accountants.

As a customer I want to be able to pick from different colors and styles and not have to wait for them to order one.
    Here, I don't disagree. I wouldn't wait either.

Either the wrx crowd is a niche market or they just don't sell as well as Subaru thinks.
    Subaru know exactly how well they sell; they count them.

You are equating low standing inventory with losing money. This isn't always the case. It also isn't always avoidable. Although I don't presume to speak for a company, my guess is that they are interested in making the most money with the least effort. This goal may not always be completely compatible with offering you a large number of cars from which to chose. I don't think they care. You probably shouldn't either.

Like you, I would not wait all that long for a car. I can't fault you for looking elsewhere. I probably would.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Not really, they don't HAVE to budge at all on the price, they know they'll sell for the sticker price, hence why they sold out of 10 wrx before they hit the lot.
    I don't know why I'm evening coming back into this thread but, here goes nothing. Even though you will find something to use as a rebuttal.

When you have a car like the WRX sitting on the lot it puts a lot of power into the buyers hands. They have the power to walk if they don't get the deal they want. They feel like they can just come back in a week and say "Hey I see that car is still sitting there, I'll buy it if you give me the deal I want". At that point the dealer doesn't really have much of an option but to try and work with them. More than they probably want to.

When you don't have a car just sitting on the lot it gives a lot of power in the dealers hands. They can say "These cars are so in demand that you will probably want to take this deal I'm giving you. I know if you don't, someone else will". This is the scenario dealers want. They want to be able to make that argument and get the sale.

Also, the main reason the bigger companies have a larger stock at all times is because they can afford to. Toyota, Ford and GM are massive massive companies. Subaru on the other hand isn't. They are tiny by comparison. They can't afford to just mass produce these cars and hope they sell.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Have you (OP) test driven the Corolla and Camry? They are excellent cars.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Let's also not forget just how small Subaru actually is. The Honda Civic, just this one car, outsells the entire Subaru lineup on a yearly basis. Remembering this can put the amount of WRXs in perspective. It's a niche market car, that sells in a good month 1800 units, which is typically ordered to spec and not stocked with massive amounts of options. I understand your frustration, which is why I ordered mine, but there's just nothing that can be done about it.

Until Subaru starts getting to the size of Honda, Toyota, and the like, which won't happen in the next 10 years at least, the WRX will continue to be sparse on lots. And IMO, that's a good thing. I like driving the minority.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

wrx crowd is a niche market
    You are correct.

I don't know why I'm evening coming back into this thread but, here goes nothing. Even though you will find something to use as a rebuttal.
    :\ ugh, right?

Also something noteworthy: when I bought my wrx, I had my credit union track it down for me, they called both dealerships in town looking for what I wanted. One dealership had 2, the other 3, neither exactly what I wanted color/option-wise. When I picked the one I wanted and went down to see them (same day as my credit union calling, btw) they said, "Here's what we told you about, with 135 miles on it. OR, right here, we have exactly what you were asking for." We walked around to the back of the dealership, in a narrow area between the building and fence where they had two or three more sitting. Mine was there with plastic on the seats and 5 miles on the Odo. So maybe don't believe there are "none" on the lot.
    Last edited by Zataks; 12-20-2013 at 01:19 PM. Reason: grammar/mechanics

I Support ClubWRX
    When you don't have a car just sitting on the lot it gives a lot of power in the dealers hands. They can say "These cars are so in demand that you will probably want to take this deal I'm giving you. I know if you don't, someone else will". This is the scenario dealers want. They want to be able to make that argument and get the sale.
    This is how it played out with my BRZ purchase. Dealers around here (back in June, at least), were getting 2 a month, and usually only one would be a Limited, which is what I wanted. I had nearly zero negotiation power. I played 2 dealers against each other, to get a tiny bit of leeway, but that was it. "Take it or leave it, dude", was pretty much implied everywhere I went. If I didn't put my name on the car, they'd have it sold in a day or two.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

after working at a chevy dealer for four years with my step father in as head of sales I can tell you with some amount of experience that every point about the Subaru dealer are true..to a point.

Subaru is a smaller company so less production. yup, we know that. imo they are keeping it that way to not only keep their cars in demand but being smaller and not expanding too much also keeps the bills paid. their not over reaching so not going broke.

I was in charge (for a while ) of keeping the corvette and at the time, GTO customers happy with their cars. when they wanted to buy more and none were on the lot, id go ask the owner and a few days later....Volia. of course this magic only happened for proven customers or people who could front big cash. dealers can make quick car pulls IF you have pull with the dealer. rotten deal, but if you wanted a Z06 in 02 when they first came out after the dealer allotted single car sold(we auctioned ours for a gastly price) all you had to do was convince the sales department you had the money and its amazing how quick we had two, then three cars that were only supposed to be one per certified dealer for the first production. again, it sux...but money talks.

aaaaannnnnd.....to beat a plum to death...moneymoneymoney! dealers want what you have. if you commit to finding a car from a dealer(like I did with my bug eye)and put some money down for a sale sometimes they will go the extra mile to make sure you get what you want. and so do they(ive seen the commissions on 'good deal' used cars. yikes) and just like Rayfeilds BRZ I had 0, a great big Zero negotiation power. they knew when that car hit the lot they could sell it hard and fast. I actually had to bid around the mechanic that was working on it pre-delivery. I paid nine for mine, he was offering 12 if I didn't take it. I can only imagine how this plays out for the newer cars.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

When you have a car like the WRX sitting on the lot it puts a lot of power into the buyers hands. They have the power to walk if they don't get the deal they want. They feel like they can just come back in a week and say "Hey I see that car is still sitting there, I'll buy it if you give me the deal I want". At that point the dealer doesn't really have much of an option but to try and work with them. More than they probably want to.

Also, the main reason the bigger companies have a larger stock at all times is because they can afford to. Toyota, Ford and GM are massive massive companies. Subaru on the other hand isn't. They are tiny by comparison. They can't afford to just mass produce these cars and hope they sell.

Ah gotcha, I didn't realize that Subaru was a smaller company. So that makes sense.
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

Ah gotcha, I didn't realize that Subaru was a smaller company. So that makes sense.
    Just for some reference, here are the 2013 YTD sales as of November for a few Subaru models:

Forester - 110,363
    Outback - 107,047
    Imp. WRX - 16,289

Ford Mustang - 71,459
    Dodge Charger - 88,191

Hopefully that gives some perspective on how niche the WRX market is. They wouldn't sell significantly more if they produced more, and they don't really care because they don't make much on them relative to their other vehicles anyway. It is a very small percentage of revenue for both the dealers and Subaru.

We are a minority.

Profit is a function of supply and demand. If they can't meet demand at the price they are selling at then it's a production volume issue, which I would imagine they are trying to resolve with moving some manufacturing to North America. I would imagine that any other explanation is simply a conspiracy theory.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123