Stock more wrx!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stock more wrx!! within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Soobvirgin Seriously? Try factory ordering a Ferrari; you're looking at 18 months to 2 years. It's how ...

Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    Seriously? Try factory ordering a Ferrari; you're looking at 18 months to 2 years. It's how manufacturers create desirability. The harder it is to have and the rarer it is to see, the more desirable it becomes. When I was selling MINIs in 2004, a factory order of a Cooper S was 6 months. That's no accident. There were also no discounts. Nothing. It keeps people wanting them because they can't have them and it keeps used prices high. Subaru does the same thing. How many Mustangs do you see on the road? Loads. How much discount can you get on a new one? Probably a lot. How well do they hold their value? Terribly. Because you can walk straight into a dealer and get one immediately with a big discount.
    You can't compare a $120k Ferrari to a $26k subaru. How many Toyota's and Hondas do you see on the road? Tons. Toyota corolla is the #1 selling car in the USA and how do they hold their value? Great!

So tell me, if a customer came to your dealership looking for a certain model but you don't have it then that customer goes to your competitor and gets a similar model and spends their 30k at your competitors that you could of got but you didn't have what the customer wanted. Yeah that's good business!
    Last edited by Justanothername; 12-20-2013 at 12:35 AM.
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    ^skool3d
    Try again
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Maybe reconsider whether you want to buy it. If demand is high then prices could be high too. I'd not buy a "hot" car for that reason alone.
    Base model is 26k where I am.

I Support ClubWRX
    I've never driven by the Subaru dealership in my area and seen it void of at least a few wrx's. This issue obviously must be much more prevalent outside where I'm at. Or the local dealer here does a better job keeping their inventory levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    You can't compare a $120k Ferrari to a $26k subaru. How many Toyota's and Hondas do you see on the road? Tons. Toyota corolla is the #1 selling car in the USA and how do they hold their value? Great!

So tell me, if a customer came to your dealership looking for a certain model but you don't have it then that customer goes to your competitor and gets a similar model and spends their 30k at your competitors that you could of got but you didn't have what the customer wanted. Yeah that's good business!
    Correct me if I'm wrong but Toyota's hold value well because of their reputation of being a reliable company. Most people have the expectation that it will last over 200k miles with no major problems. When you look at a WRX... People sell their 2-3 year old WRX at almost the same price they purchased it and some people buy it. I see dealers selling used WRX at the same price if not more than new. That's why they say by a new WRX vs one that is 2-3 years old.

I really don't know what other car competes with the WRX. Turbo and AWD.. That's what I was in market for and nothing was competition. Wagon was a a plus for me.
    Evo was too expensive, that more of the sTI competitor. MS3 is front wheel drive.

Yeah he has, I'm just venting. It's frustrating when you want to test drive/buy a car but they dont have much stock
    I agree... Crazy part, I didn't test drive the WRX when I ordered it. I had no idea what to expect. All bc none was in stock. I just knew I wanted one. I got an awesome deal and went all in. To this day, no regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by CaQuin View Post
    I agree... Crazy part, I didn't test drive the WRX when I ordered it. I had no idea what to expect. All bc none was in stock. I just knew I wanted one. I got an awesome deal and went all in. To this day, no regrets.
    Wow..you got brass balls lol

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I've never driven by the Subaru dealership in my area and seen it void of at least a few wrx's. This issue obviously must be much more prevalent outside where I'm at. Or the local dealer here does a better job keeping their inventory levels.
    Yeah I guess wrx sell more in winter then summer time

Wow..you got brass balls lol
    Lol that's what my wife says ha. On the real tho I did drive a bugeye years ago and loved it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Base model is 26k where I am.
    Brilliant. Buy one.

Wait... There aren't any. Why? See Mikie13's response. The rest of the thread is largely circular.

Also, to all: please let's keep this discussion PG13.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Never heard of a car company not meeting demand. Ford stocks plenty of mustang. Dodge stocks plenty of chargers. Mazda stocks plenty of mazda speed 3s. See the pattern?
    Exactly...so that is inventory sitting on their lots not making any money.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    All of these threads:

Hahaha ^

Quote Originally Posted by cmayba View Post
    Hahaha ^
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Exactly...so that is inventory sitting on their lots not making any money.
    But if they already sold out of those 10 wrx coming in before they hit the lot then logic states that they can order 20 wrx and the other 10 will already be sold before they hit the lot of they'll spend a few days on the lot and be sold.

I don't really see a HIGH demand for a wrx, they just keep the stock low for whatever reason but it's obvious that if their 10 car order is already sold before it hits the lot then they need to double or triple that order. As a customer I want to be able to pick from different colors and styles and not have to wait for them to order one. They have 20 outbacks on the lot but 1 or 2 or sometimes no wrx on the lot. Either the wrx crowd is a niche market or they just don't sell as well as Subaru thinks.

Bad example but it would be like Sony only giving Walmart 2-3 PS4s to sell, the demand is clearly there so why not meet demand and send out more PS4s? Let's say I just want the next gen console and I go to walmart and they are out of stock of the ps4 but they have 6-7 xbone's..since Sony didn't meet demand or at least have a couple consoles available then I go with the xbone and Sony loses money.

Let's say Joe goes to Subaru and is interested in looking at some WRX..but guess what? They don't have any in stock because they meet the minimum demand so Joe decides to go to the Mazda dealership where they have 6-7 different color MS3's to choose from and he ends up buying a MS3 because Subaru didn't have a WRX, now would Joe have bought a WRX if it was available? Maybe not but then again maybe he would have and Subaru would of got that 26k sale.

I guess I'm the crazy one here and you guys don't see anything bad about only meeting minimum demand for a vehicle????

When I go to the Toyota dealership they have 10-20 Tacomas to choose from, different colors, same with the Corolla and Camry, they are all very popular cars and the demand is high but you know what? Those cars don't rot on the lot because Toyota sells them quick but at least they go over the demand and have them available.
    Last edited by Justanothername; 12-20-2013 at 12:31 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast