WRX outside temp... 120 F in december... anyone have this happen?

This is a discussion on WRX outside temp... 120 F in december... anyone have this happen? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so i was driving my car awhile ago and noticed the outside temperature just creep up higher and higher. Now ...

WRX outside temp... 120 F in december... anyone have this happen?

so i was driving my car awhile ago and noticed the outside temperature just creep up higher and higher. Now its stuck around 120... Do i need a new probe or just to calibrate it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Probably need to get into some air conditioning quick. Damn global warming.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Hahaha that's funny! I'd take a pic and post it on Facebook for the lulz
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

check the ambient temp sensor. its located in the lower grille opening. 120 degrees is an open condition, so the sensor may be damaged or cracked.

Yep had the same thing on my FX4, ambient temp sensor, it was right by the grill. Easy to change on the FX4, haven't looked at the Subie.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker