Gas prices and the WRX/STi
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Gas prices and the WRX/STi within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So, the wrx/sti take premium and I was curious if anyone was planning on selling their car when gas prices ...

Gas prices and the WRX/STi

So, the wrx/sti take premium and I was curious if anyone was planning on selling their car when gas prices got up close to $5 bucks a gallon just for regular? Do you guys have a worry in the back of your mind about the gas prices going up again? I suppose regular isn't so bad but since the cars require premium then it kinda sucks.

Right now where I'm at premium is about $3.20 but this past summer it was close to $4 a gallon while regular was about $3.55

That is one thing I will have to consider is gas prices, low mpg on a car that takes regular is one thing..but we all know the wrx doesn't get the best mpg and requiring premium doesn't help the wallet lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I drive six miles a day. Spend less than $100 a month in gas. If the prices go up, I would just deal with it

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    I drive six miles a day. Spend less than $100 a month in gas. If the prices go up, I would just deal with it
    Lucky, I drive 50 miles round trip

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    Do you guys have a worry in the back of your mind about the gas prices going up again?
    No. I have no doubt fuel prices will go up.

I don't sell cars. I'll park the Subaru if I don't like paying for its fuel. We'll see.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

If things got that bad, I'd buy a bike.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I Support ClubWRX
    The difference in prices between regular & premium is insignificant. I pay $4.09. I have paid upto $4.50.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Registered User Captain Obvious's Avatar
    Little impact on my decision. Sure I wish it was better but have other vehicle options for my 54 mile commute or I will just telecommute more than the 3-4 days a week I currently do.

Filled up my tank today @ $4.05/gallon 93 octane. Also hit 5000 miles after a year and a half of ownership. Sooooo.... With how much i drive gas price is not really a concern.

buy a different car if you are worried about gas. thats what i read a lot when researching this car. you are going to be paying more regardless if the price increases. regular will go up right along with premium.

I own my Subaru for pleasure and fun factor, also a Forester and a Range rover Classic, i would drive them less if fuel price go up , but I did not buy those cars thinking on saving fuel by any means.....

In the month of Oct I spent. $350.80 on gas.
    I'd rather eat cheap than drive less.

If you're worried about gas prices, get a different car. It's all about compromises. Gas will go up regardless, but regular and premium will go up together.
    Midnight~

I Support ClubWRX
    If that's the case, and I can't afford it, I would most likely get a Civic or Carolla or other comparable small car to use as my DD. Yes that's more expensive than just eating the gas costs, but it's my first choice if it went about $6 a gallon. Above $5 is tough to say. I believe I'd be able to offset the cost in my personal budget by lowering costs elsewhere, i.e. savings, side savings, cancel netflix, etc. Long run, probably won't bother me too much, but I'm in a place where it wouldn't. If this was 5 years ago, I wouldn't be driving a WRX in the first place.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Buy a TDI.

/thread

- Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    My truck takes premium and gets 12/15mpg. *shrug* I laugh at your fuel "problems."
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast