Gas prices and the WRX/STi - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Gas prices and the WRX/STi within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hmmm...preferring that gas prices go high, so that you can have a cleaner car, may be a bit of a ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Hmmm...preferring that gas prices go high, so that you can have a cleaner car, may be a bit of a myopic view. As a family dude, I can tell you that the cost of supporting a family goes nuts when gas goes up, because the associated transportation cost of products goes up. Grocery costs are nuts as it is.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    Yeah, it's frustrating. Just driving down my road in summer leaves a freshly-cleaned car covered in a layer of dust. In winter, it's covered in mud. So I can't make it from my driveway to the main road or vice-versa without it getting dirty. Ever. I've hand washed my car once in the 18 months I've had it. Every other time, it's been put through the car wash at Costco. I've resorted to just getting it cleaned on the way to a job, knowing that I can't get it home clean. Pretty demoralizing.

This is from the middle of summer after having it washed maybe a week or two prior. It's what happens when it gets covered in dust, then we get a light sprinkling of rain. Ridiculous.

Oh man that would drive me nuts! Then again, i'm the type of guy who HAS to wash his car if there is bird crap on it or it's just a little dirty! I like to keep my car looking showroom quality but it's hard when it's a DD.
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post

..I live on an unpaved road..
    You know you're a redneck when...

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hmmm...preferring that gas prices go high, so that you can have a cleaner car, may be a bit of a myopic view. As a family dude, I can tell you that the cost of supporting a family goes nuts when gas goes up, because the associated transportation cost of products goes up. Grocery costs are nuts as it is.
    Haha, yeah. But that's really not the reason. My car gets filthy whether idiots fly down the road or not. It's a rural town on the edge of the desert, where we see virtually zero rain from May to December. It is a dry, dusty place, with everybody's horses constantly kicking dust up. There are horseback riders passing my house every day. One Christmas morning I walked out to feed my animals and there was an escapee mother cow with her calf standing in the road. I live on a corner where two dirt roads intersect. On two other corners, there are homes with children; one of them with foster children, and usually 5 or so at any given time.

Between not wanting these idiotic drivers to harm horseback riders, children playing in the road, my cats who don't know not to be out in the (usually) quiet road, and oversteer so far around my corner that they swing back into my fence leaving me with the repair bill... I'm pretty sick of their dangerous and irresponsible driving. My wife and I live in the country because we have no desire to be around people we don't like. We work in the city, then get the hell out as soon as we can each day. It's beyond annoying when the idiots come and find you on your quiet dirt road.

I understand that when gas prices go up, the cost of everything goes up. So yes, my comment was a little flippant. But if I have to find a positive from rising gas prices, it's that when it was five bucks a gallon, the morons in their crappy trucks couldn't afford to go for their joyrides in front of my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    Oh man that would drive me nuts! Then again, i'm the type of guy who HAS to wash his car if there is bird crap on it or it's just a little dirty! I like to keep my car looking showroom quality but it's hard when it's a DD.
    Yes, when I used to live in England, I'd spend hours washing and polishing my car. I don't have time for that anymore, but even if I did, here it would be a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    You know you're a redneck when...
    Haha, no kidding.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.