Gas prices and the WRX/STi - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Gas prices and the WRX/STi within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Drews Well you're starting to gain a similar reputation as some of the more annoying members who ...

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Well you're starting to gain a similar reputation as some of the more annoying members who are no longer with us. Not every post in a thread is directed at you. Once you figure that out, and to not take things personally, you'll be welcomed here.
    They aren't directed at anyone in particular and if they were then I wouldn't always respond but when people say "Stop complaining" when it's clear that nobody is complaining then I will let them know that indeed we aren't complaining but giving opinions on the topic at hand. If you can't see the difference between correcting someone and blatantly causing trouble then I'm not sure what to tell you, I'm sorry my posts arent the nicest but this is the internet, grow a thick skin or you're gonna have a bad time.

Back on topic please
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Drews, you are forgetting the advice in your own sig.

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    They aren't directed at anyone in particular and if they were then I wouldn't always respond but when people say "Stop complaining" when it's clear that nobody is complaining then I will let them know that indeed we aren't complaining but giving opinions on the topic at hand. If you can't see the difference between correcting someone and blatantly causing trouble then I'm not sure what to tell you, I'm sorry my posts arent the nicest but this is the internet, grow a thick skin or you're gonna have a bad time.

Back on topic please
    http://i.imgur.com/0yO5SjI.gif

That gif made me giggle at my desk. Good stuff.

In my state prices go up uniformly(if that's a word. Regular is always the cheapest. Around here regular is $2.97. The middle grade is always $.10 above that and premium $.10 above that. I've been paying roughly $3.15-$3.25. One of the cheaper places to get gas from!

iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    ~2004 Subaru Wrx - Stage 2
    ~2013 Honda Civic

-I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.
    -Nobody remembers the guy who finished second but the guy who finished second.
    -Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

"Silly English k-niggght".

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSemoWrx View Post
    In my state prices go up uniformly(if that's a word. Regular is always the cheapest. Around here regular is $2.97. The middle grade is always $.10 above that and premium $.10 above that. I've been paying roughly $3.15-$3.25. One of the cheaper places to get gas from!

iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    Yeah gas around here is $2.87 for reg and like $3.15 for premium, I remember back when premium was like $1.35
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

You kids think you have it bad buying premium!?

Try buying diesel!!

trolololol
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    I would advise anyone who is considering a car change, exclusively for better mileage, to actually do the math involved for your monthly mileage and mpgs. You may lower your payment by a few bucks a month, and save a few on gas, but by the time you extend a new car loan out a few years, you may still be well behind. Many people fool themselves with this line of thought, so that they can justify a new car purchase.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    You kids think you have it bad buying premium!?

Try buying diesel!!

trolololol
    Yeah but at least with diesel you know the price is already much higher then regular and won't drop anywhere near that in the future.

When regular hits $3.80 a gallon you know that it will eventually drop down.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I would advise anyone who is considering a car change, exclusively for better mileage, to actually do the math involved for your monthly mileage and mpgs. You may lower your payment by a few bucks a month, and save a few on gas, but by the time you extend a new car loan out a few years, you may still be well behind. Many people fool themselves with this line of thought, so that they can justify a new car purchase.
    That is very true! I use to have a 1997 Tacoma 2x4 pickup and that thing was the worst on gas..I got like 17mpg in the city and 22 on the highway or somewhere around there, I traded that in for a tC that gets 30mpg so it's quite the difference

Well hey, I bought a WRX. Not even brand-spanking new. Could've had a brand new N/A Impreza for less, with better mpgs, auto optional (as is being discussed elsewhere...) and have a grandpa "car". I knew I wanted a "real" car and that's what I got. MPG's are not really my issue. Sure is nice when you can get by on less fuel, but that's really proportional to the car's fun factor. I think we'll see more cars are going to be built with more exotic materials in order to reduce weight and help with mpgs. And/or allow for smaller engine and HP. Turbos are also on the move into main-stream, helping with efficiency... Gas prices will continue to rise, and there's nothing to be done about that. Gotta pay if you wanna play.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Some of you guys are lucky with your low prices. Premium in my town is $4 right now... and that's good (diesel is 10c more). It's only a few years ago that regular was $5 here.

I live on an unpaved road. When it rains, idiots in crappy old trucks and Jeeps come flying down, just to splash through every puddle on the way. Like they're still 5 years old. I like higher gas prices. When regular went up to $5, I had fewer morons flying down my road.

Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    Some of you guys are lucky with your low prices. Premium in my town is $4 right now... and that's good (diesel is 10c more). It's only a few years ago that regular was $5 here.

I live on an unpaved road. When it rains, idiots in crappy old trucks and Jeeps come flying down, just to splash through every puddle on the way. Like they're still 5 years old. I like higher gas prices. When regular went up to $5, I had fewer morons flying down my road.
    Living on a dirt road must suck, especially when it's wet, must be hard to keep your baby nice n clean after a bath/detail

Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    Living on a dirt road must suck, especially when it's wet, must be hard to keep your baby nice n clean after a bath/detail
    Yeah, it's frustrating. Just driving down my road in summer leaves a freshly-cleaned car covered in a layer of dust. In winter, it's covered in mud. So I can't make it from my driveway to the main road or vice-versa without it getting dirty. Ever. I've hand washed my car once in the 18 months I've had it. Every other time, it's been put through the car wash at Costco. I've resorted to just getting it cleaned on the way to a job, knowing that I can't get it home clean. Pretty demoralizing.

This is from the middle of summer after having it washed maybe a week or two prior. It's what happens when it gets covered in dust, then we get a light sprinkling of rain. Ridiculous.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.