Gas prices and the WRX/STi - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Gas prices and the WRX/STi within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Gas price going to ? Nevar. Just like it would NEVAR go OVER

either, is what they said a ...

Gas price going to $6? Nevar. Just like it would NEVAR go OVER $1 either, is what they said a bunch of years ago. It's just a matter of time. Gas WILL go $6 and above. It WILL go to 10 and more. It's just a question of when. In the meantime cars will use less gas, get smaller and Hybrids and electric will become more common.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Gas is over 5.50 a gallon here. Stop complaining.

^ you're not in the US, Canadian dollars don't count here... (I will NOT give you a 1:1 exchange ratio)
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I'm lucky to find anything below $4/g. When my ass light goes on, I'm looking at $60 for a fill up and it's usually once a week.
    Not so much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    The difference in prices between regular & premium is insignificant. I pay $4.09. I have paid upto $4.50.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Maybe at the time it's not much but think how much it cost you over the time you've had the car. If you have it for say 15 years and you've always paid close to .50 cents extra a gallon then it adds up.

Quote Originally Posted by i8buffalowings View Post
    buy a different car if you are worried about gas. thats what i read a lot when researching this car. you are going to be paying more regardless if the price increases. regular will go up right along with premium.
    Obviously, but regular will never be a few cents from premium, more like 50 cents difference or more depending where you live.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    My truck takes premium and gets 12/15mpg. *shrug* I laugh at your fuel "problems."
    Did I say I had fuel problems?
    Last edited by Justanothername; 12-13-2013 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by A265 View Post
    Gas is over 5.50 a gallon here. Stop complaining.
    And stop thinking people are complaining. I was asking if gas got up to 4/5 dollars a gallon would people still keep their cars? I know I'd sell mine and get a bike that gets 50mpg

Hopefully with the new mandate by Obama then the wrx and other cars will get close to 30mpg but we'll see.

I have no issues with buying premium for the wrx but it's the bad mpg that kinda turns me off so hopefully the mpg specs will be pretty good on the '15 model

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    Maybe at the time it's not much but think how much it cost you over the time you've had the car. If you have it for say 15 years and you've always paid close to .50 cents extra a gallon then it adds up.
    People make a big deal out of the difference which really isn't that much if you think about it. Probably $20 a month more for premium vs regular. Gotta pay to play. You spend a lot more on stuff like eating out. I don't eat out & save money in other ways.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by degobah77 View Post
    I'm lucky to find anything below $4/g. When my ass light goes on, I'm looking at $60 for a fill up and it's usually once a week.
    Ass light eh?

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    People make a big deal out of the difference which really isn't that much if you think about it. Probably $20 a month more for premium vs regular. Gotta pay to play. You spend a lot more on stuff like eating out. I don't eat out & save money in other ways.
    Good point.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Did I say I had fuel problems?
    And stop thinking people are complaining. I was asking if gas got up to 4/5 dollars a gallon would people still keep their cars? I know I'd sell mine and get a bike that gets 50mpg

Hopefully with the new mandate by Obama then the wrx and other cars will get close to 30mpg but we'll see.

I have no issues with buying premium for the wrx but it's the bad mpg that kinda turns me off so hopefully the mpg specs will be pretty good on the '15 model
    You're quite argumentative for no reason. Are you Synolimit incarnate?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    You're quite argumentative for no reason. Are you Synolimit incarnate?
    My opinions aren't in an argumentative tone good sir.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    My opinions aren't in an argumentative tone good sir.
    Well you're starting to gain a similar reputation as some of the more annoying members who are no longer with us. Not every post in a thread is directed at you. Once you figure that out, and to not take things personally, you'll be welcomed here.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    Gas has already been to $5/gallon in the US back in 2006/7, and it didn't cut driving for most people. And I don't know where you are, but everywhere I've driven across the country premium is only $0.20/gallon more than 97 octane regular.

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast