TireRack Question

This is a discussion on TireRack Question within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys I am just wondering what everyone paid for shipping when they bought from TireRack. The lowest shipping price ...

TireRack Question

Hey guys I am just wondering what everyone paid for shipping when they bought from TireRack. The lowest shipping price I can get is $90, but that seems high. Almost to the point where going to a local shop would be better. If $90 is about average, then so be it just wanted to hear about everyones person experience.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I just bought a set of 4 wheels yesterday from Tire rack & paid $44 for shipping.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Depends where you're shipping to, right? And what you're having shipped? 90$ for a set of wheels and tires 1000 miles away sounds pretty good; 90$ for a set of lugs 25 miles away sounds like a ripoff.
    IIRC tire rack only has a handful of warehouses, so you may be quite far from any of them. One is an hour from where I used to live so most times I'd just go pick up. The one time I did have a couple rubbers shipped, it was pretty cheap though, given the distance.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ExiledMafia View Post
    Hey guys I am just wondering what everyone paid for shipping when they bought from TireRack. The lowest shipping price I can get is $90, but that seems high.
    There is only one price. The math either works or it doesn't. Whether it works depends on your location and how long you have to wait.

Almost to the point where going to a local shop would be better.
    It might be; I always have a look locally too. Plus, some locals will match pricing and offer extras (free rotations, for example). It's usually quite close in cost between locals and online, and I'm in CA. By the time I add shipping plus the use tax, it's usually worthwhile to have a look locally. Shop around, there's plenty to be saved but you have to ask around etc.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    There is only one price. The math either works or it doesn't. Whether it works depends on your location and how long you have to wait.

It might be; I always have a look locally too. Plus, some locals will match pricing and offer extras (free rotations, for example). It's usually quite close in cost between locals and online, and I'm in CA. By the time I add shipping plus the use tax, it's usually worthwhile to have a look locally. Shop around, there's plenty to be saved but you have to ask around etc.
    Yea I mean my set up includes wheels also, so I guess I have to factor in the fact they include free mount and balancing. That said it may be beneficial to look elsewhere also.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ExiledMafia View Post
    I guess I have to factor in the fact they include free mount and balancing.
    OK sure yes that can add up, and your shipping fee probably includes the added mass of the wheels. TR usually offers very good service, for what that's worth.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Just looked at my shipping invoice, it was $90.00. But the turnaround was exceptional. And they did mount balance, and DOT registration NC. I would use them again.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

What's the deal with DOT registration?
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I Support ClubWRX
    The last time I used them,they shipped from Delaware to me in NY. It took 2 days for the set to get to me. The recent purchase I made took less than 24 hours from order to delivery. They must have a new warehouse since the wheels shipped from CT. Plus they are extremely knowledgeable, offer great prices & like stated earlier, mount & balance for free & provide all the necessary hardware like lugnuts & centering rings for no cost.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Not sure where mine shipped from, but shipped to my house in Central NY. Took 1 day. Paid $50 for shipping for 4 steelies. As others mentioned they come with extra freebees. My wheels came with lug nuts. Was shipped through UPS. I have used them for tires in the past. Where I live they were close to $75 cheaper shipped to my door than I could get them from local tire guys at my dads discounted rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    What's the deal with DOT registration?
    My understanding is that registration is used to monitor tire safety. I assume because of the firestone fiasco. Would have to do more research ????
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Yea I decided to go with TireRack. Its tough to beat the fact that they mount and balance the tires, even with the added shipping cost. Plus the guy I talked to was super helpful and made a great buying experience.

i always go to tire rack, i believe thats about what i paid also
    2012 wrx 5 door stage 3 + (traded in)
    2014 sti 4 door 297whp/329wtq stage 2 innovative tuned