Subaru's caught doing "Dangerous Tricks" in the snow xD - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Subaru's caught doing "Dangerous Tricks" in the snow xD within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Drews Sure it does, I willingly put myself in front of bullets for your freedom. It has ...

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Sure it does, I willingly put myself in front of bullets for your freedom.
    It has in terms of Drews "living his live by -what-if's-" and always wanting to be "safe". He's just turned into a grumpy old man, not a bad person... Always playing "devil's advocate". He get's a kick out of it and I don't have any issue with that, just take it or leave it.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    It has in terms of Drews "living his live by -what-if's-" and always wanting to be "safe". He's just turned into a grumpy old man, not a bad person... Always playing "devil's advocate". He get's a kick out of it and I don't have any issue with that, just take it or leave it.

Did I say he was a bad person?

You can live however you want but don't expect people not to give their opinion when you post and say something is "dangerous" when in fact it really isn't.

^ No, you didn't and I was NOT implying that you did, either. What I'm saying is that Drews is NOT a shizzo that is scared of the world and can't go outside without bubblewrap. He's just "our" club's Debbie downer, always on the counter-move with the counter view....

^ No, you didn't and I was NOT implying that you did, either. What I'm saying is that Drews is NOT a shizzo that is scared of the world and can't go outside without bubblewrap. He's just "our" club's Debbie downer, always on the counter-move with the counter view....
    And that's fine, being depressed is a serious condition though, drews reminds me of Eeor from Winnie the Pooh

Back on topic though..

I see nothing wrong with what they did, I have seen much "worse" also. I have also gone with people "muddin" and off roading before and it's a blast. I can see how people would want to do "donuts" in their car, if noone else is around and there isn't anything close to hit into then have at it!

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    Did I say he was a bad person?

You can live however you want but don't expect people not to give their opinion when you post and say something is "dangerous" when in fact it really isn't.
    In FACT it's actually VERY dangerous. Unfortunately you can't beat (or argue) with physics. They will win in the end and you'll be dead.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    And that's fine, being depressed is a serious condition though, drews reminds me of Eeor from Winnie the Pooh

Back on topic though..

I see nothing wrong with what they did, I have seen much "worse" also. I have also gone with people "muddin" and off roading before and it's a blast. I can see how people would want to do "donuts" in their car, if noone else is around and there isn't anything close to hit into then have at it!
    Eeyore**

Who said I was depressed? Are you a licensed health professional that possesses the training and knowledge to make that diagnosis?

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Eeyore**

Who said I was depressed? Are you a licensed health professional that possesses the training and knowledge to make that diagnosis?

No, just making assumptions from your "woe is me" posts I've read for awhile now.

Your sig says it all "Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer." You just seem to always have some negative thing to post about.

Well that escalated quickly...
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

^ and there is is...

But seriously, there is an element of danger when doing this in an otherwise empty lot. For instance if there's potholes you didn't know about. Or you overdo it and do cream into a curb. But there's also the argument of "training" for a lack of better words. I did this in a parking lot that I know very well, so I feel that danger was minimized due to empty and my knowledge of the space available. However, I did quit after a short while so I wouldn't burn out my diffs or do other damage, simply because there is still a bit of danger there. For the "here" purpose I'd suggest to just take Drews words with a grain of salt, he is a bit overboard, but his ideas are not entirely wrong. If anything he's "grown" beyond his years...

Quote Originally Posted by spotsywrx View Post
    Well that escalated quickly...
    The new Anchorman looks good!

I Support ClubWRX
    No, just making assumptions from your "woe is me" posts I've read for awhile now.

Your sig says it all "Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer." You just seem to always have some negative thing to post about.
    I'd be willing to bet you can't find one post of mine where I have a "woe is me" attitude.

^ and there is is...

But seriously, there is an element of danger when doing this in an otherwise empty lot. For instance if there's potholes you didn't know about. Or you overdo it and do cream into a curb. But there's also the argument of "training" for a lack of better words. I did this in a parking lot that I know very well, so I feel that danger was minimized due to empty and my knowledge of the space available. However, I did quit after a short while so I wouldn't burn out my diffs or do other damage, simply because there is still a bit of danger there. For the "here" purpose I'd suggest to just take Drews words with a grain of salt, he is a bit overboard, but his ideas are not entirely wrong. If anything he's "grown" beyond his years...
    Agreed. Obviously you want to check for potholes and what not but from my experience I've never done any damage or hit into a light pole. Granted. there are a lot of idiots out there..

I'd be willing to bet you can't find one post of mine where I have a "woe is me" attitude.
    You definitely have a negative outlook on a lot of things.

And what could be better than being ALONE in an empty parking lot and there's only 1 idiot around... Unlike the streets that are full of idiots...

I Support ClubWRX
    You definitely have a negative outlook on a lot of things.
    Because I don't drool over every Subaru that comes across the board means that I have a negative outlook on things?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast