Subaru's caught doing "Dangerous Tricks" in the snow xD - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Subaru's caught doing "Dangerous Tricks" in the snow xD within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; reminds me of this classic:...

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    reminds me of this classic:
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I didn't laugh.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    I didn't laugh.
    you wouldn't...
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

Anyone else been pulled over for donuts in a empty lot? Three buddies and I were pulled in Va doing this 2 years ago.
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by spotsywrx View Post
    Anyone else been pulled over for donuts in a empty lot? Three buddies and I were pulled in Va doing this 2 years ago.
    That's because it's stupid AND illegal. Other than that, I have no reason why the police would do that.

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Why is it stupid? It helps you learn the limits of the car you are in. You can learn how the car is likely to react in certain situations. One of my buddies had never driven in snow before so we thought it would be better for him to learn in a lot not the street.
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

I Support ClubWRX
    Why is it stupid? It helps you learn the limits of the car you are in. You can learn how the car is likely to react in certain situations. One of my buddies had never driven in snow before so we thought it would be better for him to learn in a lot not the street.
    ....I have no response that would be nice.

I actually agree with this. It is a good way to learn a car's tendencies when it enters into a slide.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    ....I have no response that would be nice.
    Do you ever?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

No he doesn't haha

I Support ClubWRX
    I thought you couldn't get in any kind of trouble for doing doughnuts in parking lots because it's on private property? I do this with every new car to learn the limits of my car in specific weather conditions. I also recommend it to my friends who are not really comfortable snow drivers. it's a good way to learn how to handle you car in the event you break loose in traffic.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Oh here we go again....

It's a deserted lot....the only ones they would hurt are themselves. Think the reporter isn't the only one over dramatisizing the danger of it all.

Looks like fun to me. I'm in MD and still waiting my all season tires to come in, so I've not been playing in the snow yet.
    2013 Ice Silver Premium 5 door - Stage 1 E-Tune

Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    I thought you couldn't get in any kind of trouble for doing doughnuts in parking lots because it's on private property? I do this with every new car to learn the limits of my car in specific weather conditions. I also recommend it to my friends who are not really comfortable snow drivers. it's a good way to learn how to handle you car in the event you break loose in traffic.
    The officer that stopped us happened to be really cool. He told us that it could be considered reckless driving, which I kinda doubted, but just gave us warnings. He stayed and talked for a while and as he left, he got sideways in the marked car. haha

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    They can't give you a moving violation like speeding or failure to stop, but they are well within the rights of the law to cite you for reckless endangerment, disturbing the peace, destruction of property, vandalism, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by XRedJar View Post
    Oh here we go again....

It's a deserted lot....the only ones they would hurt are themselves. Think the reporter isn't the only one over dramatisizing the danger of it all.

Looks like fun to me. I'm in MD and still waiting my all season tires to come in, so I've not been playing in the snow yet.
    So it's a good idea to intentionally put yourself in harms way when it's not necessary? What if you DID crash and had a passenger in the car with you that got seriously injured? What about other people's property on the lot, light poles, any structures...It's not a good idea to intentionally lose control of your vehicle even on a deserted lot. There are plenty of other, more appropriate forums in which you can do that if you want.

I Support ClubWRX
    Jimmy is just pissed he doesn't have any snow to play in.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by CHRISesBUENO View Post
    thats snowfall?! hahahaha
    I know right, it was more like a dusting haha!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast