I'm Addicted. Period. - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on I'm Addicted. Period. within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Also Rich, I should say, that new WRX owners may have nothing to do better than see what kind of ...

Also Rich, I should say, that new WRX owners may have nothing to do better than see what kind of MPG's they can get during their 1K break in period. So it's legit whether you agree or not .

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

With the high gas prices today how can anybody not be concerned about the prices? It's not like gas prices are $1 a gallon here

I guess if you're making lots of money with few bills then you wouldn't care about prices
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

Quote Originally Posted by 2112rush View Post
    Also Rich, I should say, that new WRX owners may have nothing to do better than see what kind of MPG's they can get during their 1K break in period. So it's legit whether you agree or not .
    I agree.
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

Careful, you're talking about MPG's again Btw, just to make you happy, I drove it fast today. I was surprised to see how quick it got to 65mph. Then I coasted the rest of the way to work and got 88mpg.

Just kidding on that last part.
    I know..i fell into the trap :facepalm:

Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    Yeah the wrx does 0-60 in 5.9 secs I believe, not to shabby.
    4.8 secs

How'd you know my name
    With the high gas prices today how can anybody not be concerned about the prices? It's not like gas prices are $1 a gallon here

I guess if you're making lots of money with few bills then you wouldn't care about prices
    Gas prices have been high for a while now, its not like they suddenly skyrocketed.

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    I know..i fell into the trap :facepalm:

4.8 secs

How'd you know my name

Gas prices have been high for a while now, its not like they suddenly skyrocketed.
    Right, but when gas prices were $5 bucks a gallon 6-7 years ago just for regular do you think the majority of people shopping for a car were looking at cars that required premium?

Sadly, paying over $3 dollars a gallon for fuel is the norm now and anything close to $4 or over is what I would consider "skyrocketing"

And it's also not like the wrx is a high end car, it's a a cheap 24-25k car that is reasonably affordable. Now if we're talking about cars in the $35k+ range then those people buying those cars really don't care about the gas prices if they can afford a $35k+ vehicle or people buying $50k+ diesel trucks.
    Last edited by Justanothername; 12-13-2013 at 04:08 PM.

Right, but when gas prices were $5 bucks a gallon 6-7 years ago just for regular do you think the majority of people shopping for a car were looking at cars that required premium?
    Didn't you start another thread on that topic?

Sadly, paying over $3 dollars a gallon for fuel is the norm now and anything close to $4 or over is what I would consider "skyrocketing"
    $4 and up is normal 'round here for 93 octane.

Didn't you start another thread on that topic?

$4 and up is normal 'round here for 93 octane.
    Right, I meant for regular, when regular is $4 a gallon then premium is close to $4.50 or higher

How are you guys still paying $4 for premium? It's like $3.15 here

Last year, regular briefly passed the $4 mark. I'm really not in the best region to talk about this

@2112rush, sorry for The thread-jack :beer:

Last year, regular briefly passed the $4 mark. I'm really not in the best region to talk about this
    Yeah NY is expensive

Yeah NY is expensive
    Yip.. But having the best pizza and bagels in the country makes living here worth it!

So what are my options for relatively inexpensive performance upgrades that stay within warranty? The exhaust Subaru offers is one, what else?

So what are my options for relatively inexpensive performance upgrades that stay within warranty? The exhaust Subaru offers is one, what else?
    Read the stickies over in the Tech & Modifying section. LOTS of info there. the most recommended first mod, is a set of winter tires if you live someplace where temps are consistently below 40. Other than that, short throw shifter & bushings are a good start.

I've got the short throw shifter already and live in So cal, so looks like Ill have a look at the stickies now. thanks

UPDATE: I've hit my 1000k mile break in.

Yesterday I got 25 miles to the gallon from work and back because well, I was driving fast and fun It was a freaking blast. No I never went over the speed limit, cough....

Liking the WRX more daily, this is a car I've fallen in love with. It's simple, practical, fun, comfortable and does everything I wanted it too and more.

Today I drove it in the rain to work, and boy does it seem to love weather. I love that it loves weather!!!

Carl

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast