I'm Addicted. Period. - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on I'm Addicted. Period. within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Cenpho Except for a short gap of another car, my previous car of 6 years was a ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cenpho View Post
    Except for a short gap of another car, my previous car of 6 years was a 2007 Scion TC. Loved that car because it was "peppy" and was more practical than people realized. I could carry a 4x12 speaker stack, 4 guitars in hard cases, 2 tube heads, a female passenger, and still have visibility out of all the windows. It was especially awesome when you took off the front head rests and folded the front seats back at the drive in! Wonderful car.

That being said, I love my WRX more. If I had bought a wagon it would beat the TC in every way except price and mileage, but I bought a sedan because I liked the way it looked more. The lack of large area volume cargo space makes it difficult to move larger objects, but these days I mostly move bicycles and smaller items, but the wagon is more capable.

I think if you like the TC it usually means you're a person who appreciates practicality combined with price point and reliability. The WRX provides all of those plus some fun performance.
    Yeah the tC is reliable and so I have that peace of mind knowing it will go for 200k miles without much problem (hopefully) but I do crave a bit more performance and fun when driving and I live in a snowy climate so the awd>fwd anyday.

I mostly bought the tC because it was cheap and the best coupe out of all the other competitors for the price and I liked that alot of things came standard (moon roof) plus it will help make my credit even better so after a few years when my rating is close to 800 I'll trade in the tC and get a good interest rate on the wrx
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like a good plan!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome, and Wow, to 33 mpg. You're certainly out of the bell curve for reported mileage on this forum, over the last 10 years. Even when mine was a 2.0, stock'ish, and I drove it like an old man, I maxed out at 27-28mpg. Congrats on successful hypermiling!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Appreciate the welcome Ray.

My avg (to work and back) when I'm trying to conserve is 31 right now, but I'm doing a lot most wont do to get those numbers. And I can't honestly say I'll be doing that all the time, I just wanted to see what the best the car could get if I were so inclined.

And to answer someone else earlier on the shifting at 2500 rpms or under, it wasn't a joke. Talk about an exercise in patience, its so hard to do that .

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    If you're sick of the discussion why post in this thread?
    oh, i didn't know i had to as permission before i posted.. my bad

Quote Originally Posted by 2112rush View Post
    Appreciate the welcome Ray.

My avg (to work and back) when I'm trying to conserve is 31 right now, but I'm doing a lot most wont do to get those numbers. And I can't honestly say I'll be doing that all the time, I just wanted to see what the best the car could get if I were so inclined.

And to answer someone else earlier on the shifting at 2500 rpms or under, it wasn't a joke. Talk about an exercise in patience, its so hard to do that .

Carl
    Do tell.

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    oh, i didn't know i had to ASK permission before i posted.. my bad
    You most certainly do not, just curious why post in a thread that you dislike?

Fixed that for you
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zataks View Post
    Do tell.
    I'm sure he isn't braking hard and isn't accelerating hard and coasts down a hill and drives like a grandma, keeps his rpms low etc

You most certainly do not, just curious why post in a thread that you dislike?
    Not just this thread. Its the mpg discussion in general on a performance car , if i may, forum. The people who designed this car designed it to be driven.. Attacking curves, not coasting around a bend.
    Its discussed almost as much as people asking which oil to use, or break-in habits, or the hatch vs sedan debate.

Fixed that for you
    Thanks

Not just this thread. Its the mpg discussion in general on a performance car , if i may, forum. The people who designed this car designed it to be driven.. Attacking curves, not coasting around a bend.
    Its discussed almost as much as people asking which oil to use, or break-in habits, or the hatch vs sedan debate.
    Just because it's a "performance" car doesn't mean that people can't discuss mpg. We aren't talking about a V8 Mustang or Ferrari, we are talking about a entry level "performance" car, obviously someone buying a v8 mustang has no regards for mpg.

Just because it's a "performance" car doesn't mean that people can't discuss mpg. We aren't talking about a V8 Mustang or Ferrari, we are talking about a entry level "performance" car, obviously someone buying a v8 mustang has no regards for mpg.
    fwiw, the 2014 v8 brostang advertises better highway mpg than both a 2014 wrx & sti

fwiw, the 2014 v8 brostang advertises better highway mpg than both a 2014 wrx & sti
    Ok, replace mustang with any other high end performance car and there you go

Careful, you're talking about MPG's again Btw, just to make you happy, I drove it fast today. I was surprised to see how quick it got to 65mph. Then I coasted the rest of the way to work and got 88mpg.

Just kidding on that last part.

Quote Originally Posted by 2112rush View Post
    Careful, you're talking about MPG's again Btw, just to make you happy, I drove it fast today. I was surprised to see how quick it got to 65mph. Then I coasted the rest of the way to work and got 88mpg.

Just kidding on that last part.
    Yeah the wrx does 0-60 in 5.9 secs I believe, not to shabby.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.