I'm Addicted. Period. - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on I'm Addicted. Period. within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ^ and that's how I figured out my 2/3rds "rule of thumb"......

^ and that's how I figured out my 2/3rds "rule of thumb"...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Btw, that GIF is hilarious INGO . Yeah I don't expect my final calculations to be that far off.

Ill top it off and do a full tank while driving conservative the whole tank and see what I get. Right now, its too hard not to get a little racey here and there inbetween the days I drive like an old man in Hemet trying to extract the best MPG number I can .

The purpose of me doing this is to see what range I can get if I really try hard to conserve. Pretty sure I'd have no problem getting 30mpg on a full tank if I'm careful the whole time. It's more than I expected to get with this car and not really all that important in the big picture, just a nice thing to know!

Carl

CA91 (assuming Hemet, CA)? Stock motor? Downhill both ways? No one outside pushing or pulling it? Just want to clear this up as 50% greater MPGs would be glorious. As would even the 25% you're claiming over EPA estimates.

My best to date is 27, average 24.6 (summers). But with the Blizzaks consistently 25 plus, or minus.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

EPA and others be damned, the specific mpg's are more dependent on conditions than anything else: first off, anytime you accelerate it's got to burn more gas, with harder acceleration costing even more.. Sitting at a red light you're getting ZERO mpg's. Just maintaining 50 on a flat road the car will probably make close to 40mpgs. Even rolling downhill, with the engine breaking, you're still burning gas, albeit at a MUCH lower rate. But it still takes gas, about .3 liters / hour. I think that's for the catalytic converter to keep it at temp. All of this adds up to an eventual average. Now, if you can accelerate once, go 300 miles at 50 on a flat road, coast to a stop and then check MPGs, wow, what a number. My drive is first up a fairly steep hill (with the engine cold) then a number of traffic lights, never in any good sequence, starting up again uphill, eventually getting to work. The way home has more downhill, but more stops due to congested traffic and actually waiting several turns at one light at least. I just barely make 20 mpgs. But if the route is just right, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to get 30... I did 27 on the Interstate, with my modded car.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Yes my WRX is stock, base WRX with short shifter and all weather mats, and rear cargo mat. Always 91 octane here in CA, cannot use anything less for the WRX. My commute is relatively flat, I can get 33 to work, and about 28 home, avg 31. If, and only if, I'm trying too. My claim isn't that everyone should get my numbers, my claim is, and has been, that on my commute, and with my impreza WRX, if I'm trying to conserve, I can get those numbers. Thats all!

Carl

You get better gas mileage than I did on my 2011 civic si

I don't know about anyone else...but I'm sick of mpg discussion.. This isn't a damn prius forum.

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    I don't know about anyone else...but I'm sick of mpg discussion.. This isn't a damn prius forum.
    Awww sheet. No wonder I dyno so much lower than everyone else here!

at what rpms do you shift when accelerating on these 30 mpg drives

2500rpm or less.

Quote Originally Posted by 2112rush View Post
    2500rpm or less.
    Lol I can't tell if that's serious or a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    Damnit! Seeing all these "WRX..BEST CAR I EVER OWNED" aren't making it any easier for me to wait to trade in my tC LOL..

I'm pretty much sold on the wrx just by reading reviews and everyone here raving on how much they love the car and what surprises me the most is when people say things like..

And I haven't even TEST DROVE a wrx yet and i'm already sold
    I was originally going for the new Mazda 3 GS 2014, and pretty much settled with it too. The next day, I test drove the WRX and then back to the Mazda and was a clear choice: (reliable, a bit more expensive, premium fuel) VS (worry about possible faster rust issues, less expensive, regular gas). I'd go with reliability, hence, WRX!
    Midnight~

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    Damnit! Seeing all these "WRX..BEST CAR I EVER OWNED" aren't making it any easier for me to wait to trade in my tC LOL..

I'm pretty much sold on the wrx just by reading reviews and everyone here raving on how much they love the car and what surprises me the most is when people say things like..

And I haven't even TEST DROVE a wrx yet and i'm already sold
    Except for a short gap of another car, my previous car of 6 years was a 2007 Scion TC. Loved that car because it was "peppy" and was more practical than people realized. I could carry a 4x12 speaker stack, 4 guitars in hard cases, 2 tube heads, a female passenger, and still have visibility out of all the windows. It was especially awesome when you took off the front head rests and folded the front seats back at the drive in! Wonderful car.

That being said, I love my WRX more. If I had bought a wagon it would beat the TC in every way except price and mileage, but I bought a sedan because I liked the way it looked more. The lack of large area volume cargo space makes it difficult to move larger objects, but these days I mostly move bicycles and smaller items, but the wagon is more capable.

I think if you like the TC it usually means you're a person who appreciates practicality combined with price point and reliability. The WRX provides all of those plus some fun performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    If you're sick of the discussion why post in this thread?
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast