I'm Addicted. Period. - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on I'm Addicted. Period. within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 33MPG? But yes, fantastic vehicle. Grats....

33MPG?

But yes, fantastic vehicle. Grats.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ya i never see anything close to 30mpg let alone 33.. Only thing I wish my car had was heated mirrors. You would think cars now a days would be standard with that. oh and the annoying Wastegate flutter.

Damnit! Seeing all these "WRX..BEST CAR I EVER OWNED" aren't making it any easier for me to wait to trade in my tC LOL..

I'm pretty much sold on the wrx just by reading reviews and everyone here raving on how much they love the car and what surprises me the most is when people say things like..

. I love this car. It is the best I've had yet. I have been thru maybe a dozen cars over the past 25 years
    And I haven't even TEST DROVE a wrx yet and i'm already sold

Test drive one and you will be. For me, the 5-door has most if not all what I need and want in a car. Good price point for what you get also.

I had a Honda S2000 before this, and to be honest.....I've not regretted making the change.
    2013 Ice Silver Premium 5 door - Stage 1 E-Tune

Well, some of the cars we're talking about are somewhat modified. For example, I could not even begin to comment on the factory suspension and handling, I bought this car used (but fairly new) and it had BC coilovers and aftermarket swaybars, so it doesn't reflect the OEM setup anymore. I am ALWAYS only talking about the specific car I personally own. But that is by far the best handling and going car I've had. I certainly plan on keeping it as long at it will last. It will take some money from time to time. Like when the coilovers are done and will have to be replaced. But compared to buying yet another car and modifying it to same, that's really not all that bad. Same if, say, the engine needs rebuilt. As long as the body doesn't rust out from under me....
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Its not BS that I got 33mpg, why the hell would I lie to anyone here? I even took a picture of my dash showing the avg for my commute to work that day. What is up with people? Today I got 31mpg coming to work, which is my average so far.

Sheesh!

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Meh...I liked my WRX but it certainly wasn't the best car I've ever owned. Glad you're happy.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

The above is a picture of my dash showing 33mpg average after 25 minutes of driving to work, this is driveway to parking lot.

To anyone doubting my honesty. To Elusive, now you've seen it (fyi I dont think you are doubting my honesty just havent seen it yet)

I'm sure I'm not the only person that can get this average, all I do is not exceed 70mph and shift before 2500 rpms. Take my time and chill.

Carl

Congrats too on the mpg's. I usually get 30 -33. But that's with larger injectors and fuel pump. It's really off on the display, about 2/3rds of what it shows is real... In truth I'm lucky to get 20+mpg. I get real close to 20 mpg and that's mainly city driving, lots of stops, waiting and eventual accelerating.

Quote Originally Posted by 2112rush View Post
    Its not BS that I got 33mpg, why the hell would I lie to anyone here? I even took a picture of my dash showing the avg for my commute to work that day. What is up with people? Today I got 31mpg coming to work, which is my average so far.

Sheesh!

Yeah the new wrx get pretty good mileage

Hi Ingo. Interesting, I hope its not off the actual.

My next goal is to calculate total mileage vs. gallons drained in the tank (when I fill up Ill write down the total gallons I put in the tank). One week im going to drive "good" every single day to see what I can pull out of a tank (total miles) then calculate the average. When I was commuting with my Forester (2010) it was always spot on with the readings.

Carl

Yeah, mine is way off, but I know why and there's no calibration so that's that. But as long as it shows 30 or better I'm real close to or better than 20MpG and that's fine for what it is. My Sidekick Sizie did 20Mpg City and I drove it pedal-to-the-metal all the time. And still didn't have any decent go, could sometimes not keep up with traffic, shameful, gives me "red ears" just writing this....

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Hi Ingo. Interesting, I hope its not off the actual.

My next goal is to calculate total mileage vs. gallons drained in the tank (when I fill up Ill write down the total gallons I put in the tank). One week im going to drive "good" every single day to see what I can pull out of a tank (total miles) then calculate the average. When I was commuting with my Forester (2010) it was always spot on with the readings.

Carl
    Well...that's kind of the only way you can get a "real" MPG calculation. It's going to be far more accurate than your computer.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

The above is a picture of my dash showing 33mpg average after 25 minutes of driving to work, this is driveway to parking lot.

To anyone doubting my honesty. To Elusive, now you've seen it (fyi I dont think you are doubting my honesty just havent seen it yet)

I'm sure I'm not the only person that can get this average, all I do is not exceed 70mph and shift before 2500 rpms. Take my time and chill.

Carl
    How many miles on the trip Odo when this was snapped? Notice it resets to --.- when you reset the Odo. Trip B is around 4700mi and 21.0. Best I've had on Trip A (fill up Odo) is 22.2 or 22.4. Granted my surf rack causes additional drag but not 10MPGs.

Be really curious to see what you're getting with the Miles/gallons method.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Well...that's kind of the only way you can get a "real" MPG calculation. It's going to be far more accurate than your computer.
    ^ true. When push comes to shove, that's how you're going to verify you're computer. I did it recently mine was pretty close damn close. Within .4
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast