AFRs climbing.....hrm

This is a discussion on AFRs climbing.....hrm within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So today I finally got the correct fittings for my BPV, and hurried to put them in and install it. ...

I Support ClubWRX

AFRs climbing.....hrm

So today I finally got the correct fittings for my BPV, and hurried to put them in and install it. The stock one was whistling under boost as it leaks. Now, however, when I let off the gas, the AFRs climb and peg the top end while the engine slows down (clutch in and foot off the gas). If I engine break it pegs high (as it should) but when I either stop or put it in neutral it stays pegged for 1-2 seconds. If while parked I rev, it fluctuates as it should, but when I stop revving and allow the engine to slow down, the AFRs climb to between 18 and pegged till back at idle for about 1-2 seconds.

I am assuming this means that the BPV is not releasing all the pressure or staying open at vacuum like it should. Am I correct in this assumption, or is this normal and I just never noticed cause I had boost leaks that are now corrected?
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you have the ability to connect your wbo2 sensor into your computer to see what is actually happening so you can rule out gauge malfunction? All sounds normal other than that 1-2 second hesitation to go back to stoic once you stop.