Need some advice - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Need some advice within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 11blackSTi Well in that case I would buy a black 2011 STi Sti is overkill imo. I ...

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Well in that case I would buy a black 2011 STi
    Sti is overkill imo. I would get the Sti if I wanted a track car but as a DD I think it's not practical, at least for me. I think the WRX gives me enough bang for the buck, turbo, awd, good hp/torque, whats not to love?

Kinda like buying a Shelby when the v6 Stang is good enough lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    Sti is overkill imo. I would get the Sti if I wanted a track car but as a DD I think it's not practical, at least for me. I think the WRX gives me enough bang for the buck, turbo, awd, good hp/torque, whats not to love?

Kinda like buying a Shelby when the v6 Stang is good enough lol
    Right, that's fair. You and I are not the same. But I would buy a 2011 black STi, because that is what I did, and I don't regret it. You asked what I would do. That's what I did. If I was you I would buy the WRX because I like WRX's better than tC's. But I'm not you

Right, that's fair. You and I are not the same. But I would buy a 2011 black STi, because that is what I did, and I don't regret it. You asked what I would do. That's what I did. If I was you I would buy the WRX because I like WRX's better than tC's. But I'm not you
    I like the wrx better also but at the time the tC was a better option. credit score wise anyway

How are you liking the Sti? Is it night and day difference between the wrx?

I Support ClubWRX
    I like the wrx better also but at the time the tC was a better option. credit score wise anyway

How are you liking the Sti? Is it night and day difference between the wrx?
    I'm not going to start another "STi is better than WRX" thread, but I will just say, it is what I was looking for. I liked the idea of the 6 speed, the DCCD, the larger stock brakes, the stiffer suspension, the HID lights, and I liked the interior better. And I got a great deal on it, because a friend of mine owns a large Subaru dealership (they wanted it off their lot...literally had no idea they were going to get it...). I really didn't pay much more for the car than I would have for a WRX, and it was a dream of mine for a long time. I will say that I do notice quite a difference when I drive my car over when I drive a WRX. I am also at stage 2. My car feels like it was a better platform for the stage 2 than a stock WRX would have been, mostly because of the things I liked (above). Both are great cars.

^- Well, there's a reason why the STI is a bit more expensive...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    ^- Well, there's a reason why the STI is a bit more expensive...
    A "bit" more expensive? lol it's about $10k more expensive.

Just curious though, couldn't you buy a wrx and with the extra money you saved from not buying an sti you could make the wrx faster then the sti right? Besides the 40more hp and torque what else is there performance wise that is a huge difference between the two?

I Support ClubWRX
    A "bit" more expensive? lol it's about $10k more expensive.

Just curious though, couldn't you buy a wrx and with the extra money you saved from not buying an sti you could make the wrx faster then the sti right? Besides the 40more hp and torque what else is there performance wise that is a huge difference between the two?
    see my post in post #19

see my post in post #19
    Last time I checked, larger brakes and a stiffer suspension and HID lights don't make you go any faster, nice dccd though, not worth the extra 10+k imo but glad you are happy with it. Now if it came with 380+ hp and more torque and a twin turbo then I could justify the extra cost.

I Support ClubWRX

Just curious though, couldn't you buy a wrx and with the extra money you saved from not buying an sti you could make the wrx faster then the sti right?
    Subaru is better at building Subarus than Subaru owners are at building Subarus. Not only are they more experienced but the economics of scale are on their side -- they can not only do it better, they can also do it cheaper.

Last time I checked, larger brakes and a stiffer suspension and HID lights don't make you go any faster, nice dccd though
    They will most certainly make the car faster. Depending on the course, larger brakes, suspension, and lights could add to several seconds per km.

Remember in the other thread the discussion about the Mini? The Mini humiliated faster cars in the Monte Carlo Rallye, to the extent that it actually caused a scandal of sorts, leading to its disqualification. The reason? Better lights.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Last time I checked, larger brakes and a stiffer suspension and HID lights don't make you go any faster, nice dccd though
    And six speed. Brembo brakes, 6 speed, DCCD, much better suspension (not to mention HID's and better interior), are not cheap. Faster? No. Stronger platform? Yes.

And six speed. Brembo brakes, 6 speed, DCCD, much better suspension (not to mention HID's and better interior), are not cheap. Faster? No. Stronger platform? Yes.
    Slap a twin turbo and more hp and torque and it would justify the extra 10k it's demanding, imo. If I'm gonna spend an extra 10k then I want that 10k going towards performance. I couldn't careless about HID lights and Brembo brakes. No offense.

I Support ClubWRX
    Slap a twin turbo and more hp and torque and it would justify the extra 10k it's demanding, imo. If I'm gonna spend an extra 10k then I want that 10k going towards performance. I couldn't careless about HID lights and Brembo brakes. No offense.
    You've obviously never built a car. Take it from someone who has, and knows first-hand the engineering research costs for vehicle development: The STI is well-priced within the competition.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Subaru is better at building Subarus than Subaru owners are at building Subarus. Not only are they more experienced but the economics of scale are on their side -- they can not only do it better, they can also do it cheaper.

They will most certainly make the car faster. Depending on the course, larger brakes, suspension, and lights could add to several seconds per km.

Remember in the other thread the discussion about the Mini? The Mini humiliated faster cars in the Monte Carlo Rallye, to the extent that it actually caused a scandal of sorts, leading to its disqualification. The reason? Better lights.
    Stickers add +1 HP also!

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    You've obviously never built a car. Take it from someone who has, and knows first-hand the engineering research costs for vehicle development: The STI is well-priced within the competition.
    Obviously I never have but I have my opinion and you have yours.

I Support ClubWRX
    Stickers add +1 HP also!
    I don't think you've grasped the point.

I suspect we're talking across purposes. I don't have much else to offer, so I'll stay out.

Happy shopping, lots of nice cars out there to pick.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast