I drove a 550hp STi yesterday
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on I drove a 550hp STi yesterday within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A local dealer had a 2007 STi on the lot so I pulled in just to take a look at ...

I drove a 550hp STi yesterday

A local dealer had a 2007 STi on the lot so I pulled in just to take a look at it and maybe take it out for a spin. I had no intentions of actually buying said car just wanted to take it out (I drive a '13 WRX). Turns out that this thing was a beast! It was built buy The Shop in Connecticut and had a claimed 550hp. The salesman showed me shop receipts totaling 18k worth of mods now I actually started to think this thing could be fast. Turns out it was fully built internals larger turbo and all supporting mods. After a little coercing I finally got the salesman to let me take it out for a spin. Holy f****** s***! This thing was fast! Almost too fast! (I said almost) But fun as hell.

The car was 29K, which i feel was over priced and would not consider buying a modded car such as this but for 10 minutes i guarantee I was the fastest thing on 4 wheels in a 50 mile radius. So that's how I spent my lunch break yesterday, just felt like sharing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm willing to bet that it wasn't the fastest thing on four wheels within a 50 mile radius. That car is meh.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    My friend has an 06 STI built by them 500hp at the wheels with 93 pump it defiantly fun to drive couldn't imagine it as a daily driver. The car does not like to go slow it feels like its being held back and wants to just go.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL

cflip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    I'm willing to bet that it wasn't the fastest thing on four wheels within a 50 mile radius. That car is meh.
    It was cold and salty out. All of the Ferrari's, Lambo's, GTR's and ZR-1's have been garaged for the winter!

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    My friend has an 06 STI built by them 500hp at the wheels with 93 pump it defiantly fun to drive couldn't imagine it as a daily driver. The car does not like to go slow it feels like its being held back and wants to just go.
    Not a daily driver at all! A great track car.

I Support ClubWRX
    The owner said if my friend were to upgrade the injectors and some other minor mods the engine could make 600. I was telling him if he plans to drive his 2yo he needs to make it slower.
    Last edited by cflip2x; 11-26-2013 at 06:58 AM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL

cflip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cmayba View Post
    It was cold and salty out. All of the Ferrari's, Lambo's, GTR's and ZR-1's have been garaged for the winter!
    Those aren't the only fast cars on the road. A 550hp WRX is just as impractical in adverse conditions as the cars you listed.

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Nothing like driving a car on someone else's dime...lol

Quote Originally Posted by cmayba View Post
    A local dealer had a 2007 STi on the lot so I pulled in just to take a look at it and maybe take it out for a spin. I had no intentions of actually buying said car just wanted to take it out (I drive a '13 WRX). Turns out that this thing was a beast! It was built buy The Shop in Connecticut and had a claimed 550hp. The salesman showed me shop receipts totaling 18k worth of mods now I actually started to think this thing could be fast. Turns out it was fully built internals larger turbo and all supporting mods. After a little coercing I finally got the salesman to let me take it out for a spin. Holy f****** s***! This thing was fast! Almost too fast! (I said almost) But fun as hell.

The car was 29K, which i feel was over priced and would not consider buying a modded car such as this but for 10 minutes i guarantee I was the fastest thing on 4 wheels in a 50 mile radius. So that's how I spent my lunch break yesterday, just felt like sharing.
    29k for an sti with all those mods? That's a steal!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    Uh...no.

Do you have directions to the dealer from fredericksburg va?haha I bet it was the best lunch break you've ever had!
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

Mods don't make a car more valuable, especially on a car who's reliability just went way down.

For the upkeep and possibility of it blowing up, as is common with such high horsepower builds (not saying it is a poor build at all, it's just the inherent nature) on a car meant to have 300hp...it's a liability.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Mods don't make a car more valuable, especially on a car who's reliability just went way down.

For the upkeep and possibility of it blowing up, as is common with such high horsepower builds (not saying it is a poor build at all, it's just the inherent nature) on a car meant to have 300hp...it's a liability.
    That's understandable, but if it's true there is 18k worth of mods then that would save you alot of money on not having to buy mods yourself if it was stock. Are these cars not able to handle all the mods? Why does the reliability go down if the engines are suppose to be real good? If the car wasn't run at redline all day everyday then the mods shouldn't be much of an issue right?

I Support ClubWRX
    That's understandable, but if it's true there is 18k worth of mods then that would save you alot of money on not having to buy mods yourself if it was stock. Are these cars not able to handle all the mods? Why does the reliability go down if the engines are suppose to be real good? If the car wasn't run at redline all day everyday then the mods shouldn't be much of an issue right?
    Wrong. Stock parts are tested for certain tolerances. Once you start throwing on 18k worth of mods, you're far exceeding those tolerances. Even with a built motor you're still pushing the mechanical limits of the vehicle. Modding, especially to this extent, only decreases reliability. Also, it's hard to argue with physics.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Wrong. Stock parts are tested for certain tolerances. Once you start throwing on 18k worth of mods, you're far exceeding those tolerances. Even with a built motor you're still pushing the mechanical limits of the vehicle. Modding, especially to this extent, only decreases reliability. Also, it's hard to argue with physics.
    Gotcha, thanks for elaborating good sir!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast