I drove a 550hp STi yesterday - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on I drove a 550hp STi yesterday within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Justanothername That's understandable, but if it's true there is 18k worth of mods then that would save ...

Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    That's understandable, but if it's true there is 18k worth of mods then that would save you alot of money on not having to buy mods yourself if it was stock. Are these cars not able to handle all the mods? Why does the reliability go down if the engines are suppose to be real good? If the car wasn't run at redline all day everyday then the mods shouldn't be much of an issue right?
    Obviously how it's driven makes a big difference...but putting 550whp through such a tiny engine just isn't going to be safe for a long period of time. The engines are designed to last at stock power levels and perhaps beyond. Subaru (Fuji Heavy) doesn't build the car expecting everyone to put aftermarket mods on them to increase the power on them.

Simply stated, its no longer a stock engine anymore once you build it. So you can no longer expect stock reliability. It's a moot point.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    29k for an sti with all those mods? That's a steal!

Steal? More like a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Obviously how it's driven makes a big difference...but putting 550whp through such a tiny engine just isn't going to be safe for a long period of time. The engines are designed to last at stock power levels and perhaps beyond. Subaru (Fuji Heavy) doesn't build the car expecting everyone to put aftermarket mods on them to increase the power on them.

Simply stated, its no longer a stock engine anymore once you build it. So you can no longer expect stock reliability. It's a moot point.
    Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by spotsywrx View Post
    Do you have directions to the dealer from fredericksburg va?haha I bet it was the best lunch break you've ever had!
    Haha yup!

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I don't really think a 550hp WRX would be all that fun to drive. I'm sure when the turbo spools it's a blast but turbo lag would be too ridiculous to drive practically on the street. I'll stick with a car that spools quickly and can maintain speed through the corners.

Yeah that would be too much. I like my 330 whp with my 18g. It's about perfect for DD. At least for me. It's real easy to drive and not get in boost but if needed it can quickly spool up and get it's ass moving.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Yes this car was no DD and there was turbo lag however, at around 3500 rpms you forgot about all of that. A bit ridiculous, yes but to get to beat that car around for a bit was better than sitting at my desk eating a sandwich.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cmayba View Post
    Yes this car was no DD and there was turbo lag however, at around 3500 rpms you forgot about all of that. A bit ridiculous, yes but to get to beat that car around for a bit was better than sitting at my desk eating a sandwich.
    *shrug* Different strokes I guess. I'd rather spend lunch with my wife.

Funny you mentioned that usually we do actually meet for lunch but shes been in India for the past two weeks for work. She comes home tomorrow....I really should start to pick up the house.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Well we aren't even allowed lunch at my work so...

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Well we aren't even allowed lunch at my work so...
    Where the hell do you work?

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    *shrug* Different strokes I guess. I'd rather spend lunch with my wife.

Your wife had to be holding a gun to the back of your head while she forced you to type that..... Give me the test drive please.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Where the hell do you work?
    SOCOM

Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1587 View Post
    Your wife had to be holding a gun to the back of your head while she forced you to type that..... Give me the test drive please.
    Nope. I'm just not that interested in a 550hp WRX.

id like to have one in the garage as a weekend fun car but yea. i see big power over built just about anything here from small cars to huge diesel trucks running 800 hp and i can tell you from a shops perspective we love it. they break stuff so much we can just about expect some of them on a weekly basis. those that drive them all the time anyway. i cant even get gas here for anything tuned that high. best we have in like a 100 mile radius is crappy 91 octane. ill take my near-ish stock wagonX like 230 hp for daily. haha besides, hows 550hp treat you on the ice and snow if you tap boost! whoops....driving out the passenger side window lol
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.