Would you still buy a Wrx/Sti if...
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Would you still buy a Wrx/Sti if... within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It didn't come with a turbo? I imagine that it a big plus to alot of people right? Does a ...

Would you still buy a Wrx/Sti if...

It didn't come with a turbo? I imagine that it a big plus to alot of people right? Does a turbo really make that big of a difference between a non turbo 265hp engine and one that is?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Huh? Are you trying to decide between two cars or just asking random questions?

Sent from my iPwn
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I would much rather have a 265 hp NA engine than a turbo charged one.
    Find a low-mileage one-owner unmodified '04/'05 and you're golden.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
    Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
    Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

What year cars are you talking about? I have a turbo WRX and a non turbo Forester , it depends, I love driving both cars, friends get really impressed with the way the Forester handles, you just keep a higher corner speed, I totally buy a non turbo 2.5 liters impreza

So you bought a car and after you drove it you found out that it wasnt a turbo? LOL

Not sure how my post meant anything other then what I said. Would you still buy the wrx/sti if it didn't have a turbo or did the turbo just make you like it even more? Or let me dumb it down even more.

Was the turbo the deciding factor in buying the car?

Quote Originally Posted by blusuby View Post
    What year cars are you talking about? I have a turbo WRX and a non turbo Forester , it depends, I love driving both cars, friends get really impressed with the way the Forester handles, you just keep a higher corner speed, I totally buy a non turbo 2.5 liters impreza
    Not any years specifically. Just a general question.

I Support ClubWRX
    I LOVE forced induction.

That being said, if the WRX came with a H6, I would buy that one too.....I would still enjoy the 170bhp of the 2.5i/2.5RS, but not nearly as much as the boosted versions.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Quote Originally Posted by jeremydingeman View Post
    I would much rather have a 265 hp NA engine than a turbo charged one.
    +1.

^^ But it's also nice to have warranty on a factory turbo car.

I am looking to buy a 2.5 Rs , so yes I will buy a non turbo version.....anytime

So are turbos not alot of fun? I would think going back to an NA engine would suck if you enjoyed your turbo, at least for me.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    So are turbos not alot of fun? I would think going back to an NA engine would suck if you enjoyed your turbo, at least for me.

That doesn't make any sense.. what exactly are you asking? A 265hp N/A engine would usually have considerably more torque and much more linear power delivery than a turbo charged engine with the same power, and in turn, be more "fun" to drive (though fuel economy would likely not be as good).

Why would going back to a more powerful (area under the curve) N/A engine suck if you enjoyed a turbo? Sounds as if you don't understand how forced induction and power delivery work.

Would I rather have a 520whp N/A engine that has the same fuel economy and weighs the same as my turbo charged engine? DEFINITELY!

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    That doesn't make any sense.. what exactly are you asking? A 265hp N/A engine would usually have considerably more torque and much more linear power delivery than a turbo charged engine with the same power, and in turn, be more "fun" to drive (though fuel economy would likely not be as good).

Why would going back to a more powerful (area under the curve) N/A engine suck if you enjoyed a turbo? Sounds as if you don't understand how forced induction and power delivery work.

Would I rather have a 520whp N/A engine that has the same fuel economy and weighs the same as my turbo charged engine? DEFINITELY!
    Yeah I don't know a ton about them, sorry. I just figured it was one of those "once you go turbo you don't go back" type of thing

I Support ClubWRX
    Personally, I would rather have the power instantly when I step on the gas instead of having to wait for a turbo to spool. Aside from the whole power delivery and performance aspect, turbo charged engines by nature are considerably less reliable than their N/A counter parts.

The advantage of a turbo is that you can effectively make more power with a smaller engine (by stuffing more air into it).. If you could make the same power, with the same engine (and similar fuel economy), without any of the drawbacks of forced induction.. well that would be great. There would be no reason for anyone to run a turbo, and the world would a wonderful place. But with the laws of physics being as they are, we have to settle with what we can get.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast