Would you still buy a Wrx/Sti if... - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Would you still buy a Wrx/Sti if... within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yet completely relevant Sent from my iPwn...

Yet completely relevant

Sent from my iPwn
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    Old meme is old

Huh? I just made it less than 20 minutes ago, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx View Post
    Yet completely relevant

Sent from my iPwn
    No, you'd rather turn this into a personal issue rather then just debating. If you have an issue then pm me. Have a good day

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Huh? I just made it less than 20 minutes ago, lol.
    Saw it on fb 6 months ago but ok lol

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Saw it on fb 6 months ago but ok lol

Pics or it didn't happen

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen
    Oh it happened.

I Support ClubWRX
    Fair enough, thanks for actually taking time and posting a constructive response rather then being a douche
    Can I suggest a thread you might enjoy? I sat down and listed some cars that I'd rather have -- they're more interesting -- than a more powerful car.

These aren't all success stories, either. Some had serious flaws, none had more power than a modern STi, let alone a V8 Mustang (you seem to like those do I mention them).

There's even a music video link and I had fun in that thread. Maybe you will too:

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...hp?t=134368386

It's a perspective quite different to what you might expect, I suspect.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    thanks for actually taking time and posting a constructive response rather then being a douche
    I think if you look back, there are several of us trying to explain things to you with the collective wisdow of several hundred years of driving experience in many different types of cars. You just seemingly haven't been receptive to other point of view.

Steve
    <-- Not a douche

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow, lots to consider, here. I'm very fortunate, in that I have 3 "fun" cars to drive, all with their own take on it. An enjoyable car is a mishmash of characteristics that work together nicely...my modded WRX is indeed fun for its 18G turbo, which pins me in the seat. The BRZ lacks that, and is certainly no drag racer, but actually puts more smiles on my face these days than my WRX.

My rail buggy "only" has 150hp, but somehow I smile all the time driving it, as well. Go figure.
    My mom's '64 MGB made something like 90hp, in that way that they measured hp back then. It was amazingly fun, sounded awesome, and had more personality than my WRX will ever have.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by smorris View Post
    I think if you look back, there are several of us trying to explain things to you with the collective wisdow of several hundred years of driving experience in many different types of cars. You just seemingly haven't been receptive to other point of view.
    This. This thread has been pretty friendly, as far as I can see.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I suppose "fun" is subjective. If you guys have fun with your 80hp cars then that's cool. Guess I need to be older to "get it"

Quote Originally Posted by smorris View Post

Steve
    <-- Not a douche
    Agreed and I should have been more receptive but there isn't reason for the snide comments that others have left. Calling someone a newb doesn't further the discussion but rather detracts from it.
    Last edited by Justanothername; 11-28-2013 at 09:42 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    This is all pretty mild by car forum standards. I had to grow a thicker skin after I came here; people tend to speak their mind. You learn not to take things personally.

Well of course, "fun" is subjective. Some people think it's "fun" to watch General Hospital. As far as cars go, my inlaws believe that their Toyota Prius is a blast to drive, and try to get me to give it a try, because they think I'll be impressed with its pep. I don't care enough to dispute them.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Agreed and I should have been more receptive but there isn't reason for the snide comments that others have left. Calling someone a newb doesn't further the discussion but rather detracts from it.
    Newb.

Saying someone has to be old in order to appreciate a car with less than WRX power just doesn't make any sense.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    This is all pretty mild by car forum standards. I had to grow a thicker skin after I came here; people tend to speak their mind. You learn not to take things personally.

Well of course, "fun" is subjective. Some people think it's "fun" to watch General Hospital. As far as cars go, my inlaws believe that their Toyota Prius is a blast to drive, and try to get me to give it a try, because they think I'll be impressed with its pep. I don't care enough to dispute them.
    True it's mild and I don't take things personally or get "butthurt" but rather don't see the reason for the rude remarks, it doesn't add anything to the discussion and it's pointless but to each their own.

Anyways..

That's funny they try and get you to drive their Prius, I didn't know it had "pep" LOL. Going from a wrx/sti to a Prius would be rather lackluster.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast