How HIGH has your Subaru been? (Not mileage) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on How HIGH has your Subaru been? (Not mileage) within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Top of Mount Evans in Colorado. so right around 14,000 feet...

Top of Mount Evans in Colorado. so right around 14,000 feet

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Subarus are very popular among residents in Big Bear CA, many people have them. The elevation is a bit above 2000m.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Was wondering what some of the responses would be. I actually do not partake in any of those extracurricular activities in the least. Just not my style. I don't let any kind of smoking in my car at all for that matter.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    7239 ft. I live at 164 ft.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I usually hotbox the whip.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

To answer your question.. about that high.

I Support ClubWRX
    A paltry 1284'(Bear Mountain,NY)
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Right around 3,000 here in western Md. That clip gets me everytime
    2011 Wrx DGM TP Stage 3
    Stink-eye mob #3737

I Support ClubWRX
    Lol to the title change!
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Just under 6000' at Timberline Lodge on Mount Hood. I'm sure I've driven higher than that in Montana, but I didn't have my WRX then.
    over on the west end we have a few that top out at just over 7500 feet on the continental divide over the Rockies. might not be that high overall but i wouldn't recommend detouring off the side of the fourth of july or lookout pass. 1000 foot plus straight down onto granite boulders. yeesh. beautiful drive though and one i plan to make with the wagonX soon. other than that...i think about 3900 feet. right around where i purchased it in bozeman, mt. its all downhill to the east side of montana and i sit at a booooorirng 2200 feet A.S.L. for most of the driving i do. snoore, no terrain at all.

and i forgot about beartooth highway. 10, 000 feet of absolute glory roads and awesome. right into yellowstone park. ive been on this road several times and had no idea how high up i was. definitively going back to the park for a extended drive!

heres a tiny taste lol
    Last edited by tirerob; 11-26-2013 at 12:00 AM.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    Top of Cadillac Mtn. 1,529'

Sent from my iBone
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tirerob View Post
    over on the west end we have a few that top out at just over 7500 feet on the continental divide over the Rockies. might not be that high overall but i wouldn't recommend detouring off the side of the fourth of july or lookout pass. 1000 foot plus straight down onto granite boulders. yeesh. beautiful drive though and one i plan to make with the wagonX soon. other than that...i think about 3900 feet. right around where i purchased it in bozeman, mt. its all downhill to the east side of montana and i sit at a booooorirng 2200 feet A.S.L. for most of the driving i do. snoore, no terrain at all.

and i forgot about beartooth highway. 10, 000 feet of absolute glory roads and awesome. right into yellowstone park. ive been on this road several times and had no idea how high up i was. definitively going back to the park for a extended drive!
    Hmm...

I've been over 4th of July pass and explored around Bozeman. I've also skied at Big Sky Resort (AWESOME place, btw). I remember the freeway into Wyoming was arrow-straight for like 4 straight hours. It would have been mind-numbing boring if it weren't for the blizzard and watching cars slide off the roads left and right.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12