yay its mod-erday!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on yay its mod-erday! within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i love waking up early to watch me some mods! ok, thats a lie i hate getting up early but ...

yay its mod-erday!

i love waking up early to watch me some mods! ok, thats a lie i hate getting up early but there's coffee, a bunch of gauges on the table, a brand new drillbit and tap for my pyrometer thermocouple and soon a pair of new ramps. i just dont feel like going in to work and packing all that extra stuff along just to use the lift during business hours. saturdays are nutz x2. so off to the hardware store for ramps, run the @%$#@ out of the dogs(pheasents in the back yard) so they will behave when im out in the garage and time to get after those gauges! i just wish the four dog alarm had went off at 10 instead of 7....Yawn
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Wut?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Day off and I'm going after installing my pyrometer and boost/vac gauges in a a-piller pod. Had to buy some ramps for the house because I'm lazy and don't want to go into the shop just to drop my left manifold for drill and tap for the thermocouple sensor. As much work as I do at the house I need ramps anyhoo. Might get me a creeper too just cause
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Rob

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds too complex...don't you have friends with these things?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I got my own Gauge project starting soon as well. Have fun lol! The creeper is definitely worth it comfort wise, especially working under jack stand or little ramps.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Sounds too complex...don't you have friends with these things?
    Lol I am the friend with the tools and the garage. Most of my friends live way out of town now so they'll make a day trip of it and come here to work on their cars. I'd be doing a clutch on kTwn's 02 but it grenaded on a road trip. Cost him 1600$. Ouch...we should have got to that sooner lol

edit...grammer haha.
    ramp are easier than i remember, but the last time i did garage ramps was with my camaro. sweet
    Last edited by tirerob; 11-16-2013 at 09:32 AM.
    Rob

Well #$@$. The new exide orbital battery the dealer put in when I bought the car is leaking. Wasn't planning on a new battery today(ouch). Maybe I can get it swapped. If not I'm in for a optima.

That's gonna set me back a bit.
    Rob

alrighty. manifold is almost out for drill n tap. its kinda pointless to use antiseize this close to the engine isnt it?

or should i find a really high temp sealer for the threads. ocd?
    Rob

I'm late but yeah anti seize should do. A basic anti seize works up to about 1200 degrees F, my drag racing coworker says at that point your more worried about melting a piston than a sensor.

Nah not late. I'm just now finishing up under the car and running wires(and boost gauge line) up nice and neat. The manifold is put together and sealed up but the temp probe is still loose while I get the wires ran. And I ran into a fitment snag with the autometer twin gauge pod for the a piller. That's been fixed now after some drummel tooling to make it fit nice and flush. After the gauges are in I'll see about power, ground, and dimmer. Should be driving soon I hope!
    Rob

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by NowDatsG
    A basic anti seize works up to about 1200 degrees F, my drag racing coworker says at that point your more worried about melting a piston than a sensor.
    You should see between 1400-1600 F on the EGT gauge.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    NICE!! thanks EJ! that is right on the money. 1300-1400 at 70 cruising. i cant get it to go much higher but i only pulled to 5000rpm. of course im only pushing 14.5psi. i got it to drop all the way down to 800 degrees off throttle. the wiring was(and is still) a damm mess. i have dimming lights, but when i turn the lights off, they light up the light and dimmer source is the cruise control switch. and i popped a fuse somewhere and my onstar fmv lights dont work even though the mirror does lol. but thats for tomorrow. the install is done and even though i reused the exhaust gaskets(new are on the way from grimmspeed)

i understand now after pulling the manifold why headers or port n polish is needed to free up the power to the turbo. wow...thems some big steps to push past. poor flow, poooooaaarrr lol.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Oh really? Well aren't I loud and wrong. Excuse me while I kick a technician in the balls.

Quote Originally Posted by NowDatsG View Post
    Oh really? Well aren't I loud and wrong. Excuse me while I kick a technician in the balls.
    actually, im sure he is right for the engines he is building or racing, both. i had a egt on my camaro's 355 near the left collector where the o2 sensor would have been on my headers and it was only running around 900 when i was playing. but that was a foot n a half from the head. i am like 4" from a exaust valve or close to lol. i still cant believe how small that manifold is. gives new meaning to 'shorty header' lol

haha after driving it a few times i can hear a difference in the cool down 'tink, tink' from the left header. weird
    Last edited by tirerob; 11-17-2013 at 08:26 AM.
    Rob

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by NowDatsG
    EGTs will vary depending on the engine, gas, sensor location, etc.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast