took wrx to track

This is a discussion on took wrx to track within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 1.91 60ft. 13.66@ 98.9mph Byron drag way. Nice cool weather. First time running subie. All stock. Is this a normal ...

took wrx to track

1.91 60ft.
    13.66@ 98.9mph
    Byron drag way. Nice cool weather.
    First time running subie.
    All stock. Is this a normal time for stock wrx?
    Was hoping it would break 100+mph. It was close. Did have problems shifting into 4th gear on my 2nd and 3rd run. Maybe should have let it cool down longer between runs?? Actually wouldn't go into 4th on my 3rd run. Synthetic fluid help??? Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds average.

Anyone else have any shifting issues? I wonder if it just needed longer time to cool down between runs. I didn't hot lap my 3 passes, but I only waited maybe 5-10 mins between runs. Driving home it shifted fine at full throttle

I do but I'm going to a cart boy set-up! 2011 STI. Had a few issue's going into gear and i'm not liking the stock filling of it! just hard to find gears sometimes, and when cold it fills clunky for a few shifts! I do let it warm up now but i'm going with a cart boy kit so i don't tare it up any more! coming down from my gears is my main issue though!

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Just a heads up...if you admit going to a racetrack, your insurance company might drop you.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.