Bought expecting to sell - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Bought expecting to sell within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I don't think 100 rpm is worth arguing over.. Air density, fuel, driver weight, elevation, sexual tension, hatch, sedan, up ...

I don't think 100 rpm is worth arguing over.. Air density, fuel, driver weight, elevation, sexual tension, hatch, sedan, up hill, down hill, level ground, air temperature, moon phase, driver weight, cargo weight, head/tail/cross winds, fuel grade, fuel load.. All of that comes into play..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    I don't think 100 rpm is worth arguing over.. Air density, fuel, driver weight, elevation, sexual tension, hatch, sedan, up hill, down hill, level ground, air temperature, moon phase, driver weight, cargo weight, head/tail/cross winds, fuel grade, fuel load.. All of that comes into play..
    Hmmm... no argument until you posted this. I'm pretty sure the only thing that affects MPH to RPM is gearing.

Edit: I should add tire size but, then again, that affects gearing. Tomato, tomAAAAHHHHtoe...
    Last edited by dammit; 11-10-2013 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dammit View Post
    Hmmm... no argument until you posted this. I'm pretty sure the only thing that affects MPH to RPM is gearing.

Edit: I should add tire size but, then again, that affects gearing. Tomato, tomAAAAHHHHtoe...
    Gauge accuracy ?

Maybe light refraction at the air - water interface prevents drews from reading his tachometer properly ?

50 year old eyesight might have something to do with my reading. lol

Quote Originally Posted by kritzell View Post
    50 year old eyesight might have something to do with my reading. lol
    Yes, I too would fall into that category ..lol. Looks like 2750/2800 for 70 mph, with my progressives.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Quote Originally Posted by cogito View Post
    Yes, I too would fall into that category ..lol. Looks like 2750/2800 for 70 mph, with my progressives.
    Tonights 260 mile drive said 75 was 3K. You know, because this is THAT DAMNED IMPORTANT!

I ache to serve...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dammit View Post
    City miles = rowing thru the gears, maybe near redline a lot - who could tell? Highway miles = droning along a 2500 RPM in 5th. What do YOU think is harder on a drivetrain?
    You drive very differently from me in the city. I'm far more likely to approach redline on a highway entry/merge/pass than around town. I generally set cruise at 75-80, so I'm sitting at a little over 3k in my 6 speed.

My experiences say that both types of driving stress vehicles, just in different ways.
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

I wish our odo's read engine hours as well as mileage ... It gives a better idea of how much the engine has been used!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

[QUOTE=dammit;3148378]Tonights 260 mile drive said 75 was 3K. You know, because this is THAT DAMNED IMPORTANT!

I ache to serve...[/QUOTE

Yes, I believe the fate of the world could very well depend on this crucial information .... thanks for serving .. were you a cub scout ???
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Actually, the miles and operating hours where no even counted where I drove (real) truck in the German Air Force. They used "Fuel consumed" for their service intervals. I think that's even better as far as "guesstimating" engine usage.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    Actually, the miles and operating hours where no even counted where I drove (real) truck in the German Air Force. They used "Fuel consumed" for their service intervals. I think that's even better as far as "guesstimating" engine usage.
    Where about's in Germany ??? I served at Hahn AB, lived in Lautzenhausen. We drove Mercedes 1 1/2 and deuce and 1/2, same concept.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Yes, I believe the fate of the world could very well depend on this crucial information .... thanks for serving .. were you a cub scout ???
    No but I used to slap **** out of 'em when they wore their costumes to school.

Quote Originally Posted by devilfluff View Post
    You drive very differently from me in the city. I'm far more likely to approach redline on a highway entry/merge/pass than around town. I generally set cruise at 75-80, so I'm sitting at a little over 3k in my 6 speed.

My experiences say that both types of driving stress vehicles, just in different ways.
    Never meant to say I do. Apparently buyers don't care so I may as well...

Where about's in Germany ??? I served at Hahn AB, lived in Lautzenhausen. We drove Mercedes 1 1/2 and deuce and 1/2, same concept.
    This was just north of Hamburg, Fliegerhorst Appenweiher, I think. I'd have to look it up, been a while. Anyways, Hamburg is a cool place, and driving a 13t truck with 2-axle trailer is "interesting" there. We went thru all the little side roads and basically everywhere. Including off-road. Training. I had loads of fun. My truck happened to be built same year as me...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123