Bought expecting to sell - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Bought expecting to sell within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As long as it's stock and in good shape you should have no problem selling it. It's the heavily modded ...

As long as it's stock and in good shape you should have no problem selling it. It's the heavily modded ones that are hard to sell to anyone but a noob.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dammit View Post
    Y'all are the audience I'd have when it's time to sell so I appreciate your comments. I guess, instead, I'll beat the **** out of it and assume buyers don't care about the type of miles. It would to me but it seems I'm in the minority.
    Wreckingball Man: I'd be more concerned with the following; maint records, receipts, clean inside, clean outside, rust, leaks, compression test, little to no previous modifications, mileage, character of the owner. Things of that nature

^^ This is what buyers care about. Take care of your vehicle.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

If I see a 3 year old car with 75K on it, I would make the assumption that you weren't just puttering around town with it.

Don't get to hung up on mileage. You could have a 15-20k putter with no maintenance and sludge for oil, or a meticulously maintained 75K car ... just saying ...
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

like someone else said, highway miles mean jack ****. that's a damn myth. there is beating/racing a car and then there is everything else. if the car was taken care of properly and not beat on, that matters the most.

i get good money for my cars because i'm HONEST. i am mechanically inclined, i know what i'm talking about and i point out all the things i did to take care of the car as well as the unfortunate things that have happened (like accidents). i don't b.s. and most buyers appreciated that. i will show them the flaws and areas of concern as well as the highlights.
    Last edited by NitroNate; 11-07-2013 at 07:39 PM.
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX 2.0L
    2011 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 5.4L
    2005 Toyota Solara SE 2.4L

Y'all are the audience I'd have when it's time to sell so I appreciate your comments. I guess, instead, I'll beat the **** out of it and assume buyers don't care about the type of miles. It would to me but it seems I'm in the minority.
    Yeah do that - no body will know

Plus - with all the pressure for more efficient cars I would not be surprised if our cars are worthless in 5 years

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by poi88 View Post
    Plus - with all the pressure for more efficient cars I would not be surprised if our cars are worthless in 5 years

That wouln't make much sense considering a used 2002 WRX cost more now than it would have 5 years ago.. the price is only going up.

So city miles = beating the **** out of the car?

I care if a car has been beat on, I don't care if the miles are highway or city. It's still miles. I know people who drive like grandmas in town but set cruise control at 90mph on the highway for hours at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk_Knight View Post
    So city miles = beating the **** out of the car?

I care if a car has been beat on, I don't care if the miles are highway or city. It's still miles. I know people who drive like grandmas in town but set cruise control at 90mph on the highway for hours at a time.
    City miles = rowing thru the gears, maybe near redline a lot - who could tell? Highway miles = droning along a 2500 RPM in 5th. What do YOU think is harder on a drivetrain?

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    That wouln't make much sense considering a used 2002 WRX cost more now than it would have 5 years ago.. the price is only going up.
    Yeah I dunno - but your probably right they will just frack the earth dry and we will be good for another 50 years
    Last edited by wrxtreme06; 11-08-2013 at 05:30 AM. Reason: no politics.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    City miles = rowing thru the gears, maybe near redline a lot - who could tell? Highway miles = droning along a 2500 RPM in 5th. What do YOU think is harder on a drivetrain?
    In what world do the Subaru 5spds get on the hwy at 2500 rpm in 5th? Do you drive 40mph on the interstate? I sure don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    In what world do the Subaru 5spds get on the hwy at 2500 rpm in 5th? Do you drive 40mph on the interstate? I sure don't.
    Maybe your '03 doesn't do what my '14 does. 65 in 5th is ~ 2500. So, to answer your quesiton, I live in a 2014 world. You should try it, smart-ass.

2,500=64
    2850=70

40 mph is 1600

Quote Originally Posted by kritzell View Post
    2,500=64
    2850=70

40 mph is 1600
    Mine shows 70 at 2750

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.