driving with the torque app is fun.

This is a discussion on driving with the torque app is fun. within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well, yup thats about it i suppose. it is fun. i bought a elm32 transmitter of amazon(best one i could ...

driving with the torque app is fun.

well, yup thats about it i suppose. it is fun. i bought a elm32 transmitter of amazon(best one i could find) and after a few missed trails i got a good connection and the app works great. there are a few things i would like to be able to monitor like oil and fuel pressure at least under the hood if not at the rail. other than that some of the driving apps are cool to. i thought i was driving my car rather normally but apparently i am stuck between mum's and dad's taxi and green machine on the eco warrior widget. also explains my recent increase in gas mileage. right foot control haha. the obd2 scanner works reliably(checked it vs a real code scanner we use at the shop) although i didnt try anything else other than reading the codes. the horsepower app......haha well i am sure i done have 389hp. the gps guided drag racing widgets seem accurate enough for fun or bragging rights. or both.

about the data logging. ive read many stories and thread after thread about bluetooth data logging. seems to point in two directions. bad(aint worth croppies) to usefull(hey....this is a problem, lets dig in with a tuner) this would be great if it was useful because of the immediate ability to send the log in a email to someone. i have no idea what they look like yet just looking for some veteran input. ive yet to be able to get romraider talking to my(well, kTwn's) tatrix cable just yet. even after going thru the instructions with intent to apply ocd.

oo, almost forgot. the heads up display mode works fairly good at night. you get a bit of double image but our front windscreen wasnt designed for that and doesnt have the special reflective surface for HUD. sokay though. still fun.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Kind of what I found. For logging I still use the laptop and romraider, it's just better at that. For "normal" monitoring Torque is just fine. Also a good quick tool to read CEL code and reset on the fly. But I wouldn't just quite call it a tuning tool ...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I Support ClubWRX
    Seems like its worth the 20 bucks. I might go in on this.
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    You can email logs instantly from a laptop just fine. Use WiFi hot spot on your phone.. makes e-tuning quick and relatively painless (especially if you have your test mode connectors on a toggle switch).

Quote Originally Posted by wrx650 View Post
    Seems like its worth the 20 bucks. I might go in on this.
    i think my obd2 elm transmitter/scanner cost thirtyish bucks but it was designed to work with torque and does quite well. after a bit of misfires though lol. almost thought i got a bad one but its been working great and on multiple cars as well.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    The one I got cost $7 shipped. It works fine, although last time I used it (like two years ago) the polling rate was pretty slow, at least compared to RomRaider.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-03-27_16-38-17_848.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	120481

Here's mine... Attached with a magnet, removable without leaving a trace...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?