Need some comforting advice please! Brand New WRX Accident
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Need some comforting advice please! Brand New WRX Accident within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well. I'm new to the community and i'm deeply sadden'd in my heart. I was going to work heading down ...

Need some comforting advice please! Brand New WRX Accident

Well. I'm new to the community and i'm deeply sadden'd in my heart.

I was going to work heading down a highway. I was in the far left lane going the speed limit when a chevy truck changed lanes aggressively and ran into my new subaru causing me to run into 3 parked cars (waiting for the signal to turn left). 3 people were hauled off to the hospital in stretchers... 5 cars total involved including mine. paramedics and fire was on scene along with the police. police report was taken... 3 of 5 cars including mine was hauled off...

I just need some regular input... not seeking professional advice just some experience with my fellow subaru friends...

i barely got 700 miles on her. i put no $ down (financed). i owe around 27 grand. its a 2013. i got full coverage. no gap insurance. how screwed am i? just guessing here, but if the kbb says my car is worth 20k, i'm going to have to fork the bill, correct?

by the way, i am ok, i have a sprained neck and buldging disk, went to the er just to get checked up, in n out within 6 hours.

so far i've let my insurance company know what happened. ive released my car @ impound for them to pick up. i just need to know what advice you guys can give me from here on out. i havent heard from any adjusters yet...

i never owned a subaru, but i think it held up good in the accident. she was strong and the airbag deployed... i was wearing my seatbelt and the accident was scary....

is the car totaled?

Last edited by pluke the 2; 10-28-2013 at 02:41 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Jesus man. We are glad you are okay. That is all that matters. Cars are materialistic, you are not.

Just a fyi, your car is not worth 20K. Since you had no down payment, then i don't think you have too much to lose, in terms of money. Hearing from the description, it looks like the car is totaled. If it is, your loan should be covered. I do not think you will be hit financially. Did you get the license plate of the douche bag who ran into you?

Were there witnesses? Cameras?

I think you will be fine, financially.
    Just keep your head up and look forward to another WRX,
    \_(ツ)_/
    Kunal - Ordered 2015 DGM WRX
    Photographer | Dancer | Tech Nerd | The Stink-Eye Mob #7
    First Mods: What and what not to do
    2011+ Big Mod Thread
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI
    Complete USED WRX Buying Checklist

wow! so glad you're okay. cars are replaceable, just take care of yourself now, do physical therapy and get back to proper health.

I know the frustration, I recently lost my car too due to someone now paying attention(So this is what happens when an oncoming car does not yield to you.). If they do consider it totaled you should be alright, just pay the car off and start fresh.

I hope you feel better. I'm also wondering about witnesses like @kprugbyplaya mentioned.

Wow, Thankfully you're alright. That's the most important thing. I've heard that if the repairs are 70-75% of the cars value that it would be deemed totaled, but that's hearsay, your insurance company will make the call. I wish you the best of luck, and sorry for your lose.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Sevres you right for doing the speed limit in the left lane.

Seriously tho.. That sucks. Glad you're ok.. Your subie took a bullet for you.
    IMO, it looks totaled.. And you should be fine with insurance. It might take a few weeks to get everything settled though, since so many cars were involved.
    Its a lousy situation.. Don't dwell on it tho.. You'll have another subie soon enough!

Who the insurance company? I am pretty sure they will total your car I agree with others it sucks for your subie I have the exact same color. The most important thing is you are ok. Some insurance companies give accident forgiveness and will replace your car with one a year newer in the event of total loss. You might be ok on this get better and let us know how it works out.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Roadster20th.
    P.S. Always get the gap insurance especially on the next one.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I wouldn't be worried about your car. I'd be worried about what your liability, property damage and bodily injury limits are. If it's low, all 5 people that were involved in the accident can sue you for everything your worth. Your insurance is only responsible to protect you up to the amount you're insured for.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    I want an update on this...

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    I wouldn't be worried about your car. I'd be worried about what your liability, property damage and bodily injury limits are. If it's low, all 5 people that were involved in the accident can sue you for everything your worth. Your insurance is only responsible to protect you up to the amount you're insured for.
    He shouldn't have been sighted as responsible in this scenario.

I'd be willing to bet your subie is totaled but I'm glad to hear that you are ok, a car is just a car you can get a new one, but there is only one you. In terms of insurance, this will all just depend on what the insurance will assess your cars value as. They will likely assess it at the price you bought it for since you have only had it for so little of time. Once your payout comes they will deduct any fees that were not covered by your policy then use the rest to pay off your loan. Even in this event I still believe that you will still owe your finance company money out of pocket after all is said and done since you did not get GAP. (I don't know how it is in other states but I was told by my financers that GAP was required by law in Ohio if you did not have a trade in and down payment sum that was equal to or greater than one third of the purchase price.) As some friendly advice, next time get the GAP insurance. It's not that much extra and, as you can tell, you never know what could happen. But again glad to hear you are ok. I would like to know what happens with this situation when it finally gets worked out.
    Last edited by McBill; 10-27-2013 at 07:13 AM. Reason: left out a few words

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    He shouldn't have been sighted as responsible in this scenario.

I'd be willing to bet your subie is totaled but I'm glad to hear that you are ok, a car is just a car you can get a new one, but there is only one you. In terms of insurance, this will all just depend on what the insurance will assess your cars value as. They will likely assess it at the price you bought it for since you have only had it for so little of time. Once your payout comes they will deduct any fees that were not covered by your policy then use the rest to pay off your loan.
    I assume you mean "cited." And as far as anyone knows, there were no citations issued by police. Not that it matters at this point, he is absolutely 100% at fault. The truck he mentions is what the insurance world refers to as "phantom vehicles." Since the truck didn't hit him, he failed to maintain positive control of his vehicle. Which makes it what, class? His fault. As for what he will get for his car, the insurance formula is simple. Fair market value - deductible = payout. Since his car is no longer considered "new" he might not get close to what he paid for it.

I assume you mean "cited." And as far as anyone knows, there were no citations issued by police. Not that it matters at this point, he is absolutely 100% at fault. The truck he mentions is what the insurance world refers to as "phantom vehicles." Since the truck didn't hit him, he failed to maintain positive control of his vehicle. Which makes it what, class? His fault. As for what he will get for his car, the insurance formula is simple. Fair market value - deductible = payout. Since his car is no longer considered "new" he might not get close to what he paid for it.
    Yeah cited is what I meant my apologies, still pretty hangover haha. This makes sense now. I was under the assumption that the truck actually hit him, but since it didn't you are correct. I still think OP has a very slim to no chance that his payout will cover the full amount that is owed on the loan, unfortunately. This scenario is exactly why GAP is there.

If the truck even exists...just saying.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    If the truck even exists...just saying.
    There is no truck. :matrix.jpg:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast