Need some comforting advice please! Brand New WRX Accident - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Need some comforting advice please! Brand New WRX Accident within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 Someone forgot his reading glasses He said in the very first post of this thread, the ...

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Someone forgot his reading glasses

He said in the very first post of this thread, the truck hit him, forcing him into the other lane. Then he said that "the guy admitted fault the day of the accident." I'm not one to assume on things like this...but in order to admit fault, you kind of have to be there when it happens.
    He edited his post today to clarify. Otherwise there wouldn't have been so much confusion throughout the entire thread.

Quote Originally Posted by pluke the 2 View Post
    i think i got like 15/30 or something. ca min.

the guy is @ 100% fault... and he admitted to it.

the guy who hit me did stop.
    California minimum is 5k for PD. I don't know what it is for medical. But since the guy hit you, the liability SHOULD fall on him. It's going to depend on how well the insurance companies work together on this.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Brazilnut View Post
    First off, I'm sorry this happened but glad you are OK.

Secondly, in terms of "comfort," I also opted out of gap insurance from the dealer. State Farm called me for a good 8 weeks straight trying hassle me into refinancing my loan through THEM and they would include something similar to gap. After driving my car for about 6 weeks (a little over 1000 miles on it) I asked my insurance agent what my car was worth vs what I would owe at this point in time (just curious as to their depreciation rate). He told me that even without the gap, I would still break even. Hope this helps some. Keep us posted!
    I have state farm too, and similar tactics... my thing with Gap insurance....... is it for folks who haven't made a substantial down payment ??? If I get 24K back from insurance today that's still 9000.00 plus for me from what I actually owe. Educate me on this scenario. Thanks much.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Quote Originally Posted by cogito View Post
    I have state farm too, and similar tactics... my thing with Gap insurance....... is it for folks who haven't made a substantial down payment ??? If I get 24K back from insurance today that's still 9000.00 plus for me from what I actually owe. Educate me on this scenario. Thanks much.
    If I recall, all Gap insurance does is ensure that you are covered in the event that your car is worth less than the payout. Say if you are financing and owed $25k on the car still, but it was totaled...and it only got appraised for $20k...you wouldn't get stuck with the last $5k out of pocket to pay off the lien.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cogito View Post
    Your post is very poorly worded. Do you not understand how gap insurance works? Basically, it covers any unpaid principle on your loan if your insurance doesn't pay the vehicle off. So if you buy a vehicle and don't have a substantial down payment, it's probably a good idea to get gap insurance.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Yes it was, but it yielded the exact responses that I wished for. Thanks much, and I think folks out there are better educated
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    He edited his post today to clarify. Otherwise there wouldn't have been so much confusion throughout the entire thread.
    I thought i was going crazy BC i knew i read the original post a few times

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123