Need some comforting advice please! Brand New WRX Accident - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Need some comforting advice please! Brand New WRX Accident within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Drews There is no truck. :matrix.jpg: Ha! Technically it doesn't matter if the truck exists or not...though ...

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    There is no truck. :matrix.jpg:
    Ha! Technically it doesn't matter if the truck exists or not...though it may have just been a glitch in the main frame.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is the spot on the passenger side where the door appears scratched and the mirror broken possibly from the truck hitting the Subaru as it agressivly changed lanes to the left?
    David - '05 WRX

Need some comforting advice please! Brand New WRX Accident

Yeah it's kind of vague. If the truck actually made contact with the wrx, he should be in the clear....
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    Yeah it's kind of vague. If the truck actually made contact with the wrx, he should be in the clear....
    He MIGHT be in the clear. I don't think the truck made contact with his car.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

That really sucks. Not sure if this will console you much, but my buddy's friend in the military had just served like 5 years and got this huge pension. He went out and bought a truck and, before getting it insured, drove some friends up to the top of some mountain to show it off. Anyway, they got out and, would you believe, he left it in neutral. I guess he didn't set the brake hard enough either, because it rolled off the mountain and was totaled. So he lost all his money that same day, and returned to the army to serve another five years. Talk about depressing.

Just remember, it could always be worse :P

First off, I'm sorry this happened but glad you are OK.

Secondly, in terms of "comfort," I also opted out of gap insurance from the dealer. State Farm called me for a good 8 weeks straight trying hassle me into refinancing my loan through THEM and they would include something similar to gap. After driving my car for about 6 weeks (a little over 1000 miles on it) I asked my insurance agent what my car was worth vs what I would owe at this point in time (just curious as to their depreciation rate). He told me that even without the gap, I would still break even. Hope this helps some. Keep us posted!

Did the cops believe your story or did they pull the black box out?!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Guys/girls,

first off thanks for the comforting words. I'm still alive, in bed all weekend. I've been a little vague in my OP.

It was a truck that hit me (he was switching lanes aggressively and didn't see me) causing me to run into 3 parked cars waiting on their light...

Quote Originally Posted by kprugbyplaya View Post
    Jesus man. We are glad you are okay. That is all that matters. Cars are materialistic, you are not.

Just a fyi, your car is not worth 20K. Since you had no down payment, then i don't think you have too much to lose, in terms of money. Hearing from the description, it looks like the car is totaled. If it is, your loan should be covered. I do not think you will be hit financially. Did you get the license plate of the douche bag who ran into you?

Were there witnesses? Cameras?

I think you will be fine, financially.
    Just keep your head up and look forward to another WRX,
    Thanks. Yes there was witnesses and no cameras. The guy admitted to fault the day of the accident. Whether today he still claims fault or not is up in the air...

Quote Originally Posted by roadster20th View Post
    Who the insurance company? I am pretty sure they will total your car I agree with others it sucks for your subie I have the exact same color. The most important thing is you are ok. Some insurance companies give accident forgiveness and will replace your car with one a year newer in the event of total loss. You might be ok on this get better and let us know how it works out.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Roadster20th.
    P.S. Always get the gap insurance especially on the next one.
    I'll get the gap insurance. Mercury is my insurance. I don't know who his was since the cops handled it all...

I want an update on this...
    Slow but easy coming.

I wouldn't be worried about your car. I'd be worried about what your liability, property damage and bodily injury limits are. If it's low, all 5 people that were involved in the accident can sue you for everything your worth. Your insurance is only responsible to protect you up to the amount you're insured for.
    I'm not sure how they are going to come after me but i'm getting a lawyer in case it does go south...

Quote Originally Posted by Obeisance View Post
    Is the spot on the passenger side where the door appears scratched and the mirror broken possibly from the truck hitting the Subaru as it agressivly changed lanes to the left?
    Yes. The side of my car/mirror broken off (the whole length of my subie) is where the truck hit me running me off the road.

dupe........
    Last edited by pluke the 2; 10-28-2013 at 02:47 PM.

He MIGHT be in the clear. I don't think the truck made contact with his car.
    Sorry for the vague op description. the truck was lane changing and ran into the side of my vehicle forcing me into the left turn lane where i hit 3 other cars parked at their red light.

once again. thank you guys for the kind words. i'm glad to be here today and my heart goes out to those who i ran into due to the truck forcing me out of my lane to run into them. i'll keep you guys updated but i don't think this is going to be resolved in a months time. ive got a feeling this one will be a couple months... accidents happen. wear your seatbelts!!!

Glad you're alright man. Definitely in to find out how things get handled. Insurance is a screwy business and hopefully it works out for you.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by pluke the 2 View Post
    I'm not sure how they are going to come after me but i'm getting a lawyer in case it does go south...
    It will come down to how much liability the insurance companies decide to put on you. Just out of curiosity, what do you have for property damage and medical coverage on your policy?

Quote Originally Posted by pluke the 2 View Post
    Sorry for the vague op description. the truck was lane changing and ran into the side of my vehicle forcing me into the left turn lane where i hit 3 other cars parked at their red light.
    So the truck DID hit you. Did that person stop? That will be a major factor in determining liability.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

So the truck DID hit you. Did that person stop? That will be a major factor in determining liability.
    Someone forgot his reading glasses

He said in the very first post of this thread, the truck hit him, forcing him into the other lane. Then he said that "the guy admitted fault the day of the accident." I'm not one to assume on things like this...but in order to admit fault, you kind of have to be there when it happens.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

It will come down to how much liability the insurance companies decide to put on you. Just out of curiosity, what do you have for property damage and medical coverage on your policy?

i think i got like 15/30 or something. ca min.

the guy is @ 100% fault... and he admitted to it.

the guy who hit me did stop.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.