...and that's how my morning went.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on ...and that's how my morning went. within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Woke up this morning, walked to the gym, walked by my car and thought something looked a little different. That ...

...and that's how my morning went.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	183.8 KB 
ID:	119657

Woke up this morning, walked to the gym, walked by my car and thought something looked a little different. That something different would be that someone didn't know how to drive and left a few good gashes and some blue paint about half the length of my rear bumper. No note. No blue car to be found. *sigh*

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Ouch, I know how you feel. had someone do the same to my rear quarter and door in a parking lot. And black paint shows it!

I feel ya

Just glad they didn't tear the bumper or hit my q300!

same sort of thing happened to me, except it was on my front bumper by my license plate. Sorry to hear man.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

MURDER. DEATH. KILL.

Quote Originally Posted by 98sob View Post
    MURDER. DEATH. KILL.
    It's a car not a first born...

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Any cameras in the area? If so, you may be able to request copies. If they won't just give you copies or check the tapes for you, you could report a hit and run to the police, and then get copies with a police report. Sometimes official paperwork helps.

Sorry to hear about your morning. Last year, I was visiting my parents, and I parked my Cobra on the street in front of their house. That night, I happened to be walking past the front window and saw a neighbor pulling out of her driveway, and back into my car! (My parents live on a wide street, and I was not even parked directly behind their driveway, she pulled out on some ridiculous angle.)

My alarm went off, and she just pulled away. I called over and spoke to her husband who denied that she would have hit the car, and refused to call her. So I called the police, and they came, looked at my car, waited for the neighbor to get back and checked her car, and saw the damage to her car, and wrote it up as a hit and run.

Then an hour later, the husband called up my father and started giving him crap because I called the police. You know, because it's my fault his wife can't drive and hit my car, and it wasn't at all considerate of me to call over and talk to him about it before getting the police involved.

Some people are just inconsiderate morons. Luckily, mine was taken care.

Hopefully, you can find some surveillance cameras to find the person that did that. Good luck.
    2014 Subaru WRX WRB Stage 1
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Previous Vehicles: 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i; 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra; 1998 Audi A4 1.8T; 1995 Ford Mustang
    A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by A265 View Post

To some people their vehicle is as important as a first born. In some cases, maybe even more important!
    2014 Subaru WRX WRB Stage 1
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Previous Vehicles: 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i; 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra; 1998 Audi A4 1.8T; 1995 Ford Mustang
    A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Sucks! Keep an eye out for someone with a scrape on their car. I found the person that did it to my old car and they paid for it in exchange for me not calling the police on a hit and run charge.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

There's no cameras in the area, and the police said my apartment complex is "private property" so the most they could do was write it in their duty log in case I want to report it to insurance. Like I said before, their doesn't appear to be anything other than a few impressions in the paint which I can live with as long as the rest buffs out.

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry about your car, someone has some bad karma coming their way. If it is any consolation the damage looks minor and the bumper looks salvageable. You might just get away with just getting it re sprayed for less than your insurance deductible.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

Quote Originally Posted by A265 View Post

^^ I think we know who may have committed the crime here.

haha I'm only kidding.

ps.

This does stink. This does look like it could buff out. Hopefully this works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 98sob View Post
    ^^ I think we know who may have committed the crime here.

haha I'm only kidding.

I got a chuckle out of that one.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

St. Louis Metro East, on the Illinois side, but not the really bad Illinois side, but also not the really good side.
    Quote Originally Posted by irickchad View Post
    There's no cameras in the area, and the police said my apartment complex is "private property" so the most they could do was write it in their duty log in case I want to report it to insurance. Like I said before, their doesn't appear to be anything other than a few impressions in the paint which I can live with as long as the rest buffs out.
    That sucks. In Illinois, it's considered criminal damage or leaving the scene of an accident. At the very least, my department would come out, make a report, and probably snap a few pictures.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.