...and that's how my morning went. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on ...and that's how my morning went. within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by irickchad There's no cameras in the area, and the police said my apartment complex is "private property" ...

Quote Originally Posted by irickchad View Post
    There's no cameras in the area, and the police said my apartment complex is "private property" so the most they could do was write it in their duty log in case I want to report it to insurance. Like I said before, their doesn't appear to be anything other than a few impressions in the paint which I can live with as long as the rest buffs out.
    That's really unfortunate. The "private property" thing seems to be BS though, the police respond to accidents in private commercial parking lots (ex. grocery stores) all the time and write official accident reports.

I know in NJ, RI, and PA that's how the police operate, but I'm not sure where you are located, so maybe policy and procedure is different there.
    2014 Subaru WRX WRB Stage 1
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Previous Vehicles: 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i; 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra; 1998 Audi A4 1.8T; 1995 Ford Mustang
    A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. - Jeremy Clarkson

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Nayrb37 View Post
    That's really unfortunate. The "private property" thing seems to be BS though, the police respond to accidents in private commercial parking lots (ex. grocery stores) all the time and write official accident reports.

I know in NJ, RI, and PA that's how the police operate, but I'm not sure where you are located, so maybe policy and procedure is different there.

I'm in WV.

The Trooper said since it was in a private lot, no injuries, no cameras, no admission note, and no idea who did it, the most he could do was document it in his duty log so that my insurance company will still cover it if I decide to do so. Didn't even come out to look at it, just gave me a call.

I Support ClubWRX
    That sucks. I had something happen to me the other day though not as bad as yours.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I'm in WV.

The Trooper said since it was in a private lot, no injuries, no cameras, no admission note, and no idea who did it, the most he could do was document it in his duty log so that my insurance company will still cover it if I decide to do so. Didn't even come out to look at it, just gave me a call.
    Really sorry to hear this. At least it's documented for insurance purposes if you choose to go that route. Be on the lookout for someone with similar damage and if you find them, maybe the police could get involved then since you reported it right away.
    2014 Subaru WRX WRB Stage 1
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Previous Vehicles: 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i; 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra; 1998 Audi A4 1.8T; 1995 Ford Mustang
    A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. - Jeremy Clarkson

There's no cameras in the area, and the police said my apartment complex is "private property" so the most they could do was write it in their duty log in case I want to report it to insurance. Like I said before, their doesn't appear to be anything other than a few impressions in the paint which I can live with as long as the rest buffs out.
    Man...I get so frustrated with this answer from the police. I'ts "private property" when it's an accident or hit & run, but I'll bet if you were driving through there like it was your own private rally course they'd cite you in a heartbeat. Just adds to an already crappy situation.

Hope it buffs out.
    Last edited by XRedJar; 10-22-2013 at 08:48 AM.
    2013 Ice Silver Premium 5 door - Stage 1 E-Tune

With the "private property" thing... Last year some snow donuts got me a reckless ticket lol.

I just got my WRX the other day and I keep parking away from everybody but that's my biggest fear right now is that someone is going to hit it in the apartment complex. Sorry dude

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12