...and that's how my morning went. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22

This is a discussion on ...and that's how my morning went. within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by irickchad There's no cameras in the area, and the police said my apartment complex is "private property" ...

  1. #16
    Registered User Nayrb37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by irickchad View Post
    There's no cameras in the area, and the police said my apartment complex is "private property" so the most they could do was write it in their duty log in case I want to report it to insurance. Like I said before, their doesn't appear to be anything other than a few impressions in the paint which I can live with as long as the rest buffs out.
    That's really unfortunate. The "private property" thing seems to be BS though, the police respond to accidents in private commercial parking lots (ex. grocery stores) all the time and write official accident reports.

    I know in NJ, RI, and PA that's how the police operate, but I'm not sure where you are located, so maybe policy and procedure is different there.
    2014 Subaru WRX WRB Stage 1
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

    Previous Vehicles: 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i; 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra; 1998 Audi A4 1.8T; 1995 Ford Mustang
    A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. - Jeremy Clarkson

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User irickchad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayrb37 View Post
    That's really unfortunate. The "private property" thing seems to be BS though, the police respond to accidents in private commercial parking lots (ex. grocery stores) all the time and write official accident reports.

    I know in NJ, RI, and PA that's how the police operate, but I'm not sure where you are located, so maybe policy and procedure is different there.


    I'm in WV.

    The Trooper said since it was in a private lot, no injuries, no cameras, no admission note, and no idea who did it, the most he could do was document it in his duty log so that my insurance company will still cover it if I decide to do so. Didn't even come out to look at it, just gave me a call.

  4. #18
    Registered User cflip2x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,142
    I Support ClubWRX
    That sucks. I had something happen to me the other day though not as bad as yours.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

    CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

  5. #19
    Registered User Nayrb37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by irickchad View Post
    I'm in WV.

    The Trooper said since it was in a private lot, no injuries, no cameras, no admission note, and no idea who did it, the most he could do was document it in his duty log so that my insurance company will still cover it if I decide to do so. Didn't even come out to look at it, just gave me a call.
    Really sorry to hear this. At least it's documented for insurance purposes if you choose to go that route. Be on the lookout for someone with similar damage and if you find them, maybe the police could get involved then since you reported it right away.
    2014 Subaru WRX WRB Stage 1
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

    Previous Vehicles: 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i; 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra; 1998 Audi A4 1.8T; 1995 Ford Mustang
    A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. - Jeremy Clarkson

  6. #20
    Registered User XRedJar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Laurel, Md
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by irickchad View Post
    There's no cameras in the area, and the police said my apartment complex is "private property" so the most they could do was write it in their duty log in case I want to report it to insurance. Like I said before, their doesn't appear to be anything other than a few impressions in the paint which I can live with as long as the rest buffs out.
    Man...I get so frustrated with this answer from the police. I'ts "private property" when it's an accident or hit & run, but I'll bet if you were driving through there like it was your own private rally course they'd cite you in a heartbeat. Just adds to an already crappy situation.

    Hope it buffs out.
    Last edited by XRedJar; 10-22-2013 at 08:48 AM.
    2013 Ice Silver Premium 5 door - Stage 1 E-Tune

  7. #21
    Registered User irickchad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    119
    With the "private property" thing... Last year some snow donuts got me a reckless ticket lol.

  8. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pensacola
    Posts
    13
    I just got my WRX the other day and I keep parking away from everybody but that's my biggest fear right now is that someone is going to hit it in the apartment complex. Sorry dude

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •