Got new Goodies for the Rex
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Got new Goodies for the Rex within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello again everyone, its been a while, but i got news, Since my divorce, ive been saving money up and ...

Hello again everyone, its been a while, but i got news, Since my divorce, ive been saving money up and i just spent almost all of it on my wrx and just want to share and get opinions on what i ordered

1 Group N pitch stop
    2 Group N Transmission mount
    3 Group N Engine Mount
    4 Prothane Shifter Bushings, top and bottom
    5 17x8 XXR 522 +48 offset in Gold
    6 a set of Michelin pilot All Season Plus tires
    7 two gallons light blue, 2 gallons navy blue, 1 gallon pearlizer Platidip Kit
    8 NGK iridium Spark Plugs
    9 auto zone brake rotors with super quiet brake pads

i got a lot of work ahead as soon as all this comes in i just want to get opinions on the stuff i bought, like how hard it will be to install so on and so forth?
    Dont buy cheap ebay knockoffs, thats disgraceful to the Subaru you drive, its not a rice rocket, and you're nota Ricer and it has the possibility to be broken more easily. - Roger

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Never been a fan of the auto zone pads, sure they are quiet and dont produce dust but in my experience they feel like a wet 2x4 pressing against the rotors (compared to better pads). Why did you go that route if you do t mine me asking?
    Also you are pasti dipping your entire car? Dont skimp on prep time, prep is prob the most important step.
    Im not sure if you have ever used plasti dip before but I find that you need to remove your masking tape quickly after you are done painting. If you let it dry plasti dip dry it adheres to itself and when you remove tape you will end up removing more then you bargain for.

i dont mind you asking and yes ill answer fully, im not racing or doing any real performance driving, i live 4 miles from my work and its all street driving, 2 of my rotors are grinding so so loud and the stopping power right now makes the car stutter... i did not have an extra 350 on top of what i paid autozone for their rotors/pads plus i want little brake dust and little noise as possible, also why i ordered the Michelin tires they are the best gripping in dry and wet according to many many reviews, plus they are extremely quiet, i'd rather just hear my exhaust/turbo spool and make the car as solid as possible, hence all the mounts.

and as far as the dip yes im going to dip the entire car, my WRX is WRB and the light blue is way way lighter than my cars paint color, and the Navy Blue is Way darker than mine, so im going to mix half and half for all four gallons and then paint it, it should come out pretty unique as far as color goes, and the pearlizer mixed with both those will look great and yes the prep is a gi thing i gotta sand a couple places on my hood that the paint is flaking up on and then put a primer coat down on it after getting it thoroughly cleaned and degreased, plus we turned my garage basically into a clean room for this so no dust no dirt all prep is underway
    Dont buy cheap ebay knockoffs, thats disgraceful to the Subaru you drive, its not a rice rocket, and you're nota Ricer and it has the possibility to be broken more easily. - Roger

Do the outrigger bushings and front and rear endlinks.
    Even on stock sways there is a noticeable difference.

Post up pics.

i just ordered all of it yesterday so i have no pics of the stuff yet, and i dont know if you were telling me to buy sways and front and rear endlinks, but i have all of that already,

i have front and rear cross member braces
    front and rear endlinks
    and front and rear strut bars

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    My recommendation to you, since you'll be replacing most front-end driveline bushings:

Unabomber&#39s Sexy Rearend

That makes a HUGE difference.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

i read it, but what does it do what are the benefits/experiences with it?

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerSteadman View Post
    i read it, but what does it do what are the benefits/experiences with it?
    Why did you do the bushings on the front of your car if you don't know the answer to this question?

Facebook me here

lol i meant like anything specific about these things that i could expect to gain from it? smart ass...lol

zax
    lol i meant like anything specific about these things that i could expect to gain from it? smart ass...lol
    A nicer ass

The rear feels much more grounded. The car also feels much more connected with the road. It's one of the best mods I've ever done!

Facebook me here

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello again everyone, its been a while, but i got news, Since my divorce, ive been saving money up and i just spent almost all of it on my wrx and just want to share and get opinions on what i ordered

1 Group N pitch stop
    2 Group N Transmission mount
    3 Group N Engine Mount
    4 Prothane Shifter Bushings, top and bottom
    5 17x8 XXR 522 +48 offset in Gold
    6 a set of Michelin pilot All Season Plus tires
    7 two gallons light blue, 2 gallons navy blue, 1 gallon pearlizer Platidip Kit
    8 NGK iridium Spark Plugs
    9 auto zone brake rotors with super quiet brake pads

i got a lot of work ahead as soon as all this comes in i just want to get opinions on the stuff i bought, like how hard it will be to install so on and so forth?
    Not meaning to sound like a ****, but congrats on losing the ball-n-chain. (recently divorced myself)

1-3 The Group N stuff is all top notch, you should enjoy (though the engine mounts might be a lil difficult to install, never done them).
    4 Never heard of Prothane, but all urethane bushings should be about the same, and they make shifting so nice
    5 Some have said that XXR is getting a better rep (they used to be a joke), so I hope you enjoy those.
    6 If you are going for all-season, those are great tires. Hope you got a good deal
    7 Plastidip.....we better get before, durring and after pics damnit!
    8 Those are great plugs....what I am running actually
    9 For the most part a rotor blank is a rotor blank, epsically when parts store sourced. I also don't care for A/Z parts. If they end up not working out for you, look into Napa's Premium and Ultra Premium pads....they are made by Raybestos and are good value for a non aggressive pad.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

as far as the rims and tires go all my friends are raggging on me for getting XXR, but i love love love the way the 522's look i cant find anything else that looks like them especially on a wrx wrb wagon, in my opinion at least. the tires, i probably didnt get the best deal on them but i ordered them from Discount tire in austin, TX but whatever they are top comfort and top mileage and super quiet, i got kids and i want the car to be as comfortable as possible and safe as well. anyway i think altogether i pad like 1250 for rims and tires

I Support ClubWRX
    wheels not rims.

The XXR 552s are knock-offs of the GramLight 57s-pro. Most major brands have similar ones, though not many in 7 spoke (most similar ones are 5 or 6 spoke)
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

not a fan of the gram lights i saw them i like how much more concave the xxr's are plus they can clear brembos if i decide to go that route one day lol

Pretty good list there. Do you have a short shifter in there yet? If not...throw that on the list. If so, carry on

XXRs aren't my favorite brand of wheels, but I'm interested in seeing them none-the-less.

Also looking forward to pics of your dipped car!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast