WOT For First time 2013 WRX Hatch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WOT For First time 2013 WRX Hatch within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This car is AMAZING! I was on an empty wide road this morning, I looked down and my odometer was ...

WOT For First time 2013 WRX Hatch

This car is AMAZING! I was on an empty wide road this morning, I looked down and my odometer was at 975 and I couldn't help it. I punched it at 3k in 3rd all the way to redline then half way in fourth. It pulls hard and my heart was racing like crazy lol. After 2 months of shifting at 3-4k and babying the car I couldn't take it anymore. Anyways, my accessport should be coming in today so I have something to compare it to. I hope stage 1 will be a lot smoother in the lower rev range.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You did not follow the strict code of breaking it in within 1,000 miles so now your car is doomed forever!!!

Just kidding enjoy your new car!

haha thanks man!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobs1 View Post
    This car is AMAZING! I was on an empty wide road this morning, I looked down and my odometer was at 975 and I couldn't help it. I punched it at 3k in 3rd all the way to redline then half way in fourth. It pulls hard and my heart was racing like crazy lol. After 2 months of shifting at 3-4k and babying the car I couldn't take it anymore.
    Welcome to the fold.

Anyways, my accessport should be coming in today so I have something to compare it to. I hope stage 1 will be a lot smoother in the lower rev range.
    The Cobb stage1 over the shelf map I found to be a bit more 'punchy'....makes the car feel more raw and brutal.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    The Cobb stage1 over the shelf map I found to be a bit more 'punchy'....makes the car feel more raw and brutal.
    Which is totally a good thing too!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Does the Cobb Accessport help fuel efficiency as well?

A Subaru dealer friendly parts guy told me it does and it brings performance difference like day and night. True?

If so I am considering to purchase it. He made it seem like if you dont have Accessport by now that it should of been your first mod if you can once the "breaking point" is completed.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes and no.....

it will help with fuel efficiency if you can continue to drive it like you were supposed to durring break-ing.....good luck with that, lol
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I started with the 91 octane Cobb map, and had a tuner (he tuned my S2000 before) work with getting the trims dialed in a bit better. He also got the turbo spooling just a bit quicker. Like DemonWRX said...if you drive reasonably easy and I think more importantly smoothly.....you'll see good mileage (good for WRX that is).

The Cobb AP smoothes out the hicups when accelerating, and generally increases driveability. It may not be worth the money to everyone, but it is to me. I also like haveing the 6 monitors, and am pretty much always running the AP when driving.
    2013 Ice Silver Premium 5 door - Stage 1 E-Tune

Quote Originally Posted by XRedJar View Post
    I started with the 91 octane Cobb map, and had a tuner (he tuned my S2000 before) work with getting the trims dialed in a bit better. He also got the turbo spooling just a bit quicker. Like DemonWRX said...if you drive reasonably easy and I think more importantly smoothly.....you'll see good mileage (good for WRX that is).

The Cobb AP smoothes out the hicups when accelerating, and generally increases driveability. It may not be worth the money to everyone, but it is to me. I also like haveing the 6 monitors, and am pretty much always running the AP when driving.
    That's exactly what I was looking for.

The post office was supposed to deliver the accessport yesterday and it required someone to sign for it. There was someone home all day waiting but the mail man never went to the door to deliver the package and now it is being returned to the sender.
    Last edited by scoobs1; 10-16-2013 at 10:59 AM.

Oh thats the worst. I had ordered this guitar one time, and knew it was finally coming, but I was working and even though there was 3 of my family members at home, NONE of them answered the door when the guitar arrived, so I had to wait over the weekend. I was pretty infuriated haha.

I Support ClubWRX
    I had something similar happen last week with a FedEx ground package....but I called the support number on the door tag and got them to hold it at the local distro center, then went and picked it up Monday am
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    Wait till you go WOT in a school zone. Now that's a rush!!!!

I ended up calling the post office and they delivered it the following day. I installed ACN91 stage 1 map last night. Like how others have said, this is how the car should have come from the factory. The biggest thing I noticed is the smoothness in first gear. Taking off from a stop is a lot more natural feeling. Before, it felt like the car had a heavy weight attached to it when starting from a stop, it just didn't feel like it was "flowing". Also, the power is much more consistent in all gears. I think it is a nice improvement over the stock tune.

I haven't had a chance to data log. I will be doing that soon and I hope someone can take a look to see if everything is okay.

I ended up calling the post office and they delivered it the following day. I installed ACN91 stage 1 map last night. Like how others have said, this is how the car should have come from the factory. The biggest thing I noticed is the smoothness in first gear. Taking off from a stop is a lot more natural feeling. Before, it felt like the car had a heavy weight attached to it when starting from a stop, it just didn't feel like it was "flowing". Also, the power is much more consistent in all gears. I think it is a nice improvement over the stock tune.

I haven't had a chance to data log. I will be doing that soon and I hope someone can take a look to see if everything is okay.
    Sorry, really quickly, what exactly is ACN91 stage 1 map? Is that a type of tuning of the ECU? Is it an aftermarket ECU unit? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbeckforever View Post
    Sorry, really quickly, what exactly is ACN91 stage 1 map? Is that a type of tuning of the ECU? Is it an aftermarket ECU unit? Thanks.
    It's the Cobb map for the ECU. To install it, you need to purchase the Accessport from Cobb tunings website. You don't change the ECU, you just reflash it with Cobbs map.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast